Spike for my son

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took my boys hunting today. It was my oldest sons turn to shoot and he chose my 6.8. We were headed to the stand when we saw this spike standing by a feeder. He had the gun and I told him to get out and see how close he could get and take the shot if he could. He got to within about 100 yards and threw the gun up and fired. I was watching the deer with binoculars. At the shot I saw pink spray hit the cactus behind the deer. The deer jumped and ran about 30 yards and died. He was using my 120 gr SST. When we got to the spot where the deer was there was blood and lungs all over the cactus behind the deer. The spray went about 20'. This is his 3rd deer. The first pic is a pic of the boys with the deer and the other pics are of the wound from the 120 gr SST. Entrance then exit

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just noticed the picture. The deer was standing directly under the feeder facing to the left. If you look just above my sons cap you will see a light colored spot on the cactus behind him. That is where the bullet nicked the top of that pear. You can also see blood on that same pear.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work! You are very blessed to have son's to teach.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job w the kids, gotta teach them young. Congrats young man!~

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys.
I was a guide on a game ranch for almost 10 years and I guided a lot of people to trophy class deer and elk. Not one of them enjoyed taking those trophy class deer as my much as my boys enjoy taking a doe or spike. I don't know how many more years I will have places for them to hunt, but as long as I do they will learn to enjoy hunting and that anything they kill is a trophy weather it has 2 point or 10

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great seein' kids win in the field.