Speer Gold Dot Duty Rifle 75gr round

SC-Texas

Texas Gun Trust
Shared from https://www.facebook.com/TexasGunTrust www.TexasGuntrust.com @ Shot Show 2015: This is the new Speer Gold Dot Duty Rifle 75gr round. The average velocity from the test barrel was 2750. This is a barrier blind projectile.

So, what is special about this round? Most of the heavier projectiles tha tI am familiar with are fragmenting projectiles and not expanding projectiles. Examples include the Sierra Match King 77gr SMk and the Hornady TAP 75gr T1 and T2.

This 75Gr fusion projectile is an expanding projectile and should expand at lower velocities that the fragmenting projectiles will fragment at. The rounds are in production and should be on shelves shortly.

I met one of the engineers that originally came up with the concept for the Gold Dot/Fusion projectile design. He was gracious to spend time explain how the projectile is manufactured, the concept behind the projectile and how it works. The engineer stated that this round expanded very well at lower velocities but could not remember the exact lower limits of expansion. Of course, he did a great job of explaining the technical details to this lawyer who is most certainly NOT an engineer. We did not talk about its barrier performance. I am planning on purchasing some of this round to see how it performs on hogs. I expect it to perform as advertised and be a leader in its class.

32468d1423418938-shot-show-2015-texasguntrust-com-its-wrap-few-thoughts-2015-2-8-75gr.jpg

Let me know if you cannot see the image

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looks excellent, what twist rate is optimal for these?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Get me some when you order please

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good mine is a 7, but alas it is for sale...

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine are all 7 twist. I would like to see the 75gr SST it would be a kick butt round for 5.56

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I might keep my AR 556 if they had 75gr SST