Speer 90gr & 115gr Gold Dot bullets

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Speer has released their 90gr gold dot bonded bullets. Has anyone reloaded with these bullets yet? What about their 115 gr bullets, anyone tried them?

Schneeky

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bump for 115 GD experience and real world load data.
Looks like a great alternative to Barnes. Copper ain't gold.
But if that's what it takes to NOT be eatin' lead m'self then so be it.
Thanks.. d:^)

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
20210629_110206.jpg This an old thread but I figured I'd update what I know, Both the 115 and 90 grain bullets work great. I was able to get Sub MOA to MOA groups with both bullets depending on with rifle I was using. 5R/3R A R P barrels. I think is was more of tuning the load for the barrel more than anything. Unfortunately I didn't have Accurate 2200 powder when I began using the 115gr bullets. The best accuracy was down around 2385-2400fps with H335. After i was able to get A2200 I switched over to the 90gr bullets. With the 50 count box of 90 gr Gold Dots I was getting 2685 fps with 29.2 grains. Midway had the bulk bullets for sale and I bought 5,000 of them. They weigh exactly the same but don't look the same. The bulk bullets are shiny and have a cannelure on them. They are slightly faster too at 2705fps when fired side by side out of the same rifle on the same day. The performance is pretty good on both. I can not tell a difference. On recovered bullets they weigh between 82-87grains.

Last edited by a moderator: