Sow and first thermal coyote

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ran across sow with some 30lbers in a wide open field on the way to the hunting spot. Got the gear out and went after them. They were heading in the opposite direction so I had to cut across the wide open field to get in on them. Cut distance to 130 with them going away so set up. They got another 30-40 yards before I could get off a shot. Tried the Wolf Performance 125sp and it seemed to to about the same as the 8M3 I have been using maybe a little less damage and more penetration. Hit was higher than I would have liked exiting mid body. She ran about 150 yards after me trying to hit her running at that distance with half a mag. Normally I’m pretty good at running shots but at the distance and with the Pulsar zoomed was only able to get one other non vital hit.
After I drug her to the road I went to check one of our feeders. 6 adults with one stud already there. It is a spot that we normally hunt out of a climber so not trimmed up enough to shoot off the ground. Decided not to take a shot because it’s in a clear cut that if you don’t drop them you will not find them. After they fed off I went ahead and got in the stand hopefull that one may come back. Only the coyote made its way around but a target is a target. 9DA59A65-B328-476B-A5A5-56EA10C5AA71.jpeg And the Coyote 2EE7E212-1F02-4275-95FE-D8E3ED10533C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1F91B37F-77BF-4271-ACDE-6229F5CF97B1.jpeg
    1F91B37F-77BF-4271-ACDE-6229F5CF97B1.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 0

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to whack and stack!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog-doggin' there.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go after 'em!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sometimes it's hard to pass on hogs but sounded like a good call!! Happy hunting.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to “Tusknfang” Parish, LA!