Sorry what I can’t hear you?!

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
So me and a buddy set up on a field that I shot my sus venator candidate on and immediately notice a heat signature in a brush pile twenty yards away, it’s been raining so I just blow it off as a water puddle and leave it at that. Well time goes by and I here movement coming from the brush pile side note “there are calves in this field”. I scan over and notice a pig sized animal has stood up, and layed back down inside where the heat signature was.
So I walk over cautiously making sure I never take my sight off it, well I get to around six feet I can hear it breathing/snoring and am almost sure it is a pig but being there are calves here don’t want to shoot. So I walk to poking distance ie two feet and am looking at it through thermal but I see no ears which we all no are a dead give away of pigs. I have my buddy through a stick at it.... nothing, I yell at it...., nothing, finally he hits it with a rock it picks it head up with a grunt and goes back to sleep. At this point I have enough evidence to feel comfortable with the shot..BANG,BANG!! I see a pig tail swirl around and know my judgement was right, further analysis proves my suspicions correct. A 100% deaf pig!! It seems hog dogs have ripped his ears to shreds, and he is now hearing disabled.3732400A-C8CF-41C1-8141-A106C96E474A.jpegB849A32D-3941-4CCC-9FB5-6752134E8FA5.jpeg 60CF3862-406E-480E-B1FA-6570116D0D51.jpeg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gnarly lookin' top-knot on an otherwise nice lookin' boar. Good killin' young man.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
I yell at it...., nothing, finally he hits it with a rock it picks it head up with a grunt and goes back to sleep.

Like me trying to wake the wife up from a nap. Kudos.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! That’s pretty weird. Glad you got him. Looks like your hog hunting has been pretty successful! Congratulations

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job! I like hunting stories with pictures better than video stories. Seems like video is killing the forums these days.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job...love the adventure. He probably may have had ear mites or something and rubbed his ears to shreds on posts/trees.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang that’s wild. Interesting story, congrats!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job! I like hunting stories with pictures better than video stories. Seems like video is killing the forums these days.
Agree...I rarely watch the videos anymore. Can't explain why, maybe just redundant black and white...all look the same.