Solo hunt = 12 hogs in 1 night

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Friday night after I got home from my daughter's basketball game, I slipped out around 10pm for a night of hunting by myself. I hit several places with no success, then I spotted 2 pigs up against the fence at a calf ranch. The wind was in my face as I stalked in and I was able to get 30 yards away. It was in the 40s so i was bundled up pretty well and as I pulled my arm through the sling my coat pulled the video cord out of my UNV DVR so no video. As I was trying to get the video back going this boar walked within 50' and I had to dispatch him before he saw me, I missed a running shot at the other pig. Tally= 1.
The next several places were also void of hogs. Then I pulled into one of the dairy facilities and adjoining farms. At the center point of the pivot I could see something hot and ruled out deer so I headed that way afoot. The field had just been watered so I was splashing my way in, but I could hear the grunting of pigs so I knew I would go undetected. At 185’ (first wheel track ) It became so wet I was afraid I would slip so I set up and could see 1 small pig about 5' my side of the center point and at least a couple more bedded down in the tall grass under the center. It turned out to be 8 pigs of all the same size with no adult supervision. I was able to get all 8. I actually got my first double on 2 running pigs but 1 got back up and took a 2nd shot. TAlly =9. After dragging pigs out of the field and walking back to the truck for my camera I was tired and ready for a beer, but I decided I needed to check the corn silage pile that is at Eastern end of the same field. Afalex1, TLM and I have killed several pigs at this silage pile and of course there was a nice sounder there this night (morning). I walked in on them and set up then decided I could get closer, one of my main concerns especially when alone, is always trying to set up out of their escape path as I don't think I'd do well in a head-on. This tactic cost me a few potential kills on this group as the majority of them ran along a lagoon bank with no back-drop for a safe shot from my vantage point. I got my first shot DRT then dropped both pigs that ran where I had a safe shot. Tally =12. Home\beer@ 3am.
I'll get video up later.
tmp_10575-IMG_20160207_112521-1489930907.jpg tmp_10575-IMG_20160207_111942-1616981198.jpg tmp_10575-IMG_20160207_113100-357202589.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good chootin' Kemosabe. That's a lot of solo slayin' right there. Nicely done.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a good night of hunting ... nice haul of hogs! All you need now is a suppressor with all that rad gear!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a good night of hunting ... nice haul of hogs! All you need now is a suppressor with all that rad gear!
Looks like he even got a new camera!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
any day now, I have 2 that should clear ATF soon. It's been a little over 5 months.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good going Lancer.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a fun night and very productive...Congrats

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck with the shrimp, Throw another pig on the Barbi. Great job.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lancer - Excellent kills accomplished...great job whackin' the hogs. 12 has to be a really hard number to hit solo.
Good to hear you will enjoy suppressed hunting soon. What cans do you have in NFA jail?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! That's a pile O pork brother!! Good job!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and more than 1 or 2 hogs, you are killing them in bunches!! ...can't wait to see the video!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to slay em Lancer. Can't wait for the video!