So you think you need an AR for hog hunting revisited.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... that's great. Shot placement rules !!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well... like gramps always told my dad when he was a kid (hunting grizzly bear with a .22 rolling block single shot)... "Shoot 'em in da ear." Of course... this was gramps' ONLY firearm, and it WAS in Alaska's Arctic, and getting more bullets was as simple as ordering them from the Sears catalog and waiting for the spring barge to ship your order to you.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They can keep their airgun hunting the .300 wtf is pushing it for me!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I dunno. A .58 Beowulf looks like a fairly significant hog air rifle, but I think I would go with the 300 as well.

This Mr. Hollowpoint guy is really into air guns and has some unique toys, but fairly significant in their firepower.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I looked at them and for about $1000 you can get a really nice one. I am sure now you can get it cheaper. I was looking for a 50yrd kill though... good as a suppressor and no stamp...LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I looked at them and for about $1000 you can get a really nice one. I am sure now you can get it cheaper. I was looking for a 50yrd kill though... good as a suppressor and no stamp...LOL
As long as you don't run into a zombie hog that charges! I've had enough just get mad after being hit with a 45/70 and .308 I won't be doing any air gun hog hunting.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
for that same 1,000.00 bucks I can get an auto-loading center fire rifle. I am no longer 10 foot tall and bullet proof like I was twenty or thirty years ago. Still love the adrenalin but I am a little more cautious about how I get that rush.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah but I am shooting from a 12' tower and have a 6.8 backup, just the more silent the better.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was amazing. 630gr bullet at close to 900 ft. Per second dang. Not sure I will run out and buy one.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was amazing. 630gr bullet at close to 900 ft. Per second dang. Not sure I will run out and buy one.
S how do they pump up the rifle?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's what I want to know too?? It probably requires a welding gas bottle or scuba tank with a regulator to fill it. I can't imagine pumping it to 3600 psi.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CO2 cartridges?