So what do you think?

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The other one is a flir T50.... Works great, mil spec and so on.... But the plastic battery cartridge that holds 3 cr123's cracked... Call flir and told that the $10 part will cost $695. Super glue and jb weld repaired it.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
View attachment 2284
and that's what will happen if it doesn't get settled correctly. This is the one I sold... It was 4 months old, wouldn't sell a malfunctioning optic.
I apologize if it came across as I was accusing you of trying to sell a known malfunctioning unit. Even if it was the same unit, it could have started malfunctioning after posted. I have no reason to question your honesty.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I apologize if it came across as I was accusing you of trying to sell a known malfunctioning unit. Even if it was the same unit, it could have started malfunctioning after posted. I have no reason to question your honesty.
No problem

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ATN called... Say he's got two of those optics left... Sending him a brand new unit... Let you know if it shows up

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's just crazy. Guess I'll pass on an ATN optic. Back to the drawing board

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've had no dealings with their customer service, but their advertising is full of fabricated images. Looking through their site I didn't find any of the "through the tube" pics that were actually looking through their product. Most were day photos stolen from photographers websites then photoshopped green. Any actual night vision pics were stolen from military or hobbyist websites and weren't using ATN equipment.

The only legit "through the tube" images I've seen of their products are stuff that end users upload.

Personally, I wouldn't expect much in the way of customer service from a company that markets their products so obviously deceptively.....

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After sending 2 back and only dealing with UNV, their dealer was the saving grace, ATN themselves are deceptive as OSO pointed out.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My complaints against ATN are strictly against them. I have had nothing but the best in customer service from every night vision/thermal retailer that I've come across. UNV, Third Coast, ****, etc.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm going to start trying out a few different units and see what y research can come up with.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was hoping to do the same but there are few dealers here to allow you to look through them, you having any better luck?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There's a shop here that has a few but no clip on units. I looked at a few armasights

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Better than me then, I have none I know of

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want to find someone that has the pulsar digital night vision clip on and see how that works

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know Aaron at NCS did (and likely still do- but ask him first) have a happiness guaranty. If you didn't like it, he'd replace/ refund. He is nothing short of fantastic to deal with. Alternatively, you might try one of the places that rent units and apply the rental fee to later purchase.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you find someone local to us let me know.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll keep searching. If I pick one out and order it I'll bring it up and let you try it out Frank. If I convince my buddy to get his night vision soon I can convince him to get a different one and have two to try out

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank, have you ever tried ANY night vision other than the x-scope?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yes sir, some Gen1 and 2 stuff a 750, no thermal. I have a digital monocular and a Gen 1 Russian scope. Since we are not exterminating but taking 15-40 hogs a year for food the cost is prohibitive for most and really the kill lights have served us well. I keep getting asked by other leases and some farmers to do some hogs and deer depredation on their property so thought a thermal or something would make that job easier. If I had the NV equipment I would have more hunting opportunities.