So what do you think?

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Personally I can't look at anything made by ATN seriously. I've never owned any of their products so I can't speak to their quality, but their marketing department kills it for me with all their day photos photoshopped green.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had a gen 1 ATN and it worked awesome. I know people that have other ones that they love. I wish I could get a pvs-14 but it's still too far out of my price range. This is the next best thing

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just can't take a product seriously when the only "through the tube" image is something like this.

image.jpg

I'm glad you had a good experience with your gen1. But when you put out this kind of money, I expect more truth in advertising.

After googling it, I was unable to find and actual reviews. For that kind of money you can find used pvs14 gen 3's and definitely gen 2's. Clip ons are a different story, they're harder to find.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Night combat solutions has pvs-14 for just a bit more than that. Sell one or two of those rifles and get some decent optics!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want the pvs-14 but the guy I'm ordering from that does payments won't do payments on something that expensive.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dealt with ATN today.... Sent in a friends first gen Thor thermal back cuz it was shutting off and had lines in the screen so bad that the image was unusable. Talked with a rep at shot show and she said send it back and "we will take care of the problem". Sent it back ($89 shipping) almost two months ago. Never heard a word... Emailed last week and get a reply saying that Lynda no longer works for ATN, but it is unacceptable that it has taken this long and it will be dealt with immediately. True to that statement I got an email from somebody else saying, we verified the problem but due to the scope no longer being under warranty (1 year) and the lack of parts (no longer make this model) it cannot be repaired and we will send it back. $10,000 optic that's less than 3yo is now a paperweight. Got a call from another ATN employee and left a message saying he would like to speak with me about this issue.... I sent him an email directing him to the owner of the optic.... Not sure how this is gonna turn out, but not a good start.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dealt with ATN today.... Sent in a friends first gen Thor thermal back cuz it was shutting off and had lines in the screen so bad that the image was unusable. Talked with a rep at shot show and she said send it back and "we will take care of the problem". Sent it back ($89 shipping) almost two months ago. Never heard a word... Emailed last week and get a reply saying that Lynda no longer works for ATN, but it is unacceptable that it has taken this long and it will be dealt with immediately. True to that statement I got an email from somebody else saying, we verified the problem but due to the scope no longer being under warranty (1 year) and the lack of parts (no longer make this model) it cannot be repaired and we will send it back. $10,000 optic that's less than 3yo is now a paperweight. Got a call from another ATN employee and left a message saying he would like to speak with me about this issue.... I sent him an email directing him to the owner of the optic.... Not sure how this is gonna turn out, but not a good start.

I'm really interested in how this turns out. Please keep us informed

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, let's hope they do something for him otherwise that's seriously depressing.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
So I was looking around at a lot of night vision scopes trying to figure out what is within my budget and came across the ATN ps28. Anyone have any expierence with them? Pros? Cons? I'm thinking about ordering it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HVCZT74/ref=pd_aw_sbs_sg_16?refRID=1J216T7KBVZFNZ4JA6G0
I have sold 41 CO-X's with only two returns to date. They hold collimation really well, and I can get you one with a higher performing tube for a similar price.
I'm also having a run of CO-X's built with some very rare Photonis XR-5 tubes as well as some ITT Pinnacle (OMNI-7) tubes for $3250.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The co-x is the other one I was looking at. If my guy can get that one it is my first choice

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can understand a 3 year old device not still being under warrantee, but being told that parts are no longer available as well is pretty ridiculous or at least that there some kind of upgrade path.

I'm having trouble thinking about any product that is unrepairable after only 3 years that's made by anything but a one man shop....

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I were a FB user, a Twitt, I'd probably take a reply like that from a vendor and paste it on their page with a reply of what I think of their concern for the customer. I'd probably make up a YouTube to detail the whole fiasco as well. I might even (if I'd paid enough money for the damned thing in the first place) make up a web site that would appear in the Search Engines when people are searching out an ATN product... showing that reply and the details of the fiasco.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
If I were a FB user, a Twitt, I'd probably take a reply like that from a vendor and paste it on their page with a reply of what I think of their concern for the customer. I'd probably make up a YouTube to detail the whole fiasco as well. I might even (if I'd paid enough money for the damned thing in the first place) make up a web site that would appear in the Search Engines when people are searching out an ATN product... showing that reply and the details of the fiasco.
and that's what will happen if it doesn't get settled correctly. This is the one I sold... It was 4 months old, wouldn't sell a malfunctioning optic.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and another reason that I would never pay that much for a scope