Snakebit! Yes its a hunting story.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Many years ago when I was a much smarter man, in the days of big hair on women and polyester uniforms on men, I was snake/raccoon hunting.
Let me digress. I was on patrol at a large waterpark complex during the off season. We had a huge problem with snakes, raccoons, and feral cats. I was to dispatch these as best I could.
On my pistol belt I carried a S&W 686, two sets of hand cuffs,two mag lights (one large and one small for checking I.D.'s) sometimes a pr24,(night stick with a handle), a radio, and tonight the new addition of a NOVA 90,000 volt stun gun. These were not for the snakes, raccoons, or feral cats.
Earlier in the day a stop and rob got just that. A man with a 12" knife robbed the store and fled on foot. Several hours of searching by the PD had not located him. It was now about 0200 when a call on the radio said a truck driver had climbed into the cab of his truck and got stabbed . The perpetrator fled on foot in the direction of my waterpark, 65 acres along the comal river. Just after this call I received another call that a motion sensor had activated in one of the parks buildings, alright game is on.
I ran to my patrol car and climbed in. When I sat down my gear had shifted so I was setting on the 686. I lifted my butt of from the seat, reached back and adjusted my gear. When I sat back down ,BaBaBaBAMMM, I got hammered in the buttocks by 90,000 volts of pure fight stopping, muscle contracting agony. As some of you know, when you get hit with high voltage the muscles in the area contract, a involuntary response to electrical stimuli. Because of this involuntary response, my whole body stiffened and straightened out, and I mean now. This propelled my thighs up and into the steering wheel. The action of my body lifting stopped the snake from biting my neither regions and the impact with the steering wheel sat me promptly back onto the trigger of the 90,000 volt fight stopper with similar results. Thankfully when I landed again it was not on the trigger. I slowly rolled out of the car onto the pavement, removed the brand new NOVA 90,000 volt stun gun and gently placed it in front of my rear tire.
As I departed I gave no thought to looking back to see if the plastic case of the stun gun held up to the weight of the car. I sported bruises across both thighs for several weeks and walked kind of funny for a while but all was well in the end.
Now can you deny that this is a hunting story. It went from hunting snakes and raccoons to hunting a man, and finally to hunting for excuses about the whereabouts of a 90,000 volt rattle snake.

Michael

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ever been a GOOD boy and buckled in nice and tight (back in the days of manually adjusted seat belts)... and dumped over a thermal carafe of boiling HOT coffee onto your lap? You know how hard it is to launch vertically when you're strapped in tight?

That was the last time I brought along that easy-flip-lid carafe.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys would be a riot to follow around w a cam...You must have been at Schlitterbahn?? I lived at Canyon Lake.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny funny story!!