Silent Capture Spring /JPSCS

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Recently built two AR rifles. One for keepin and one for sellin. On mine I put a JPSCS system in it, I use them/it on all my rifles. The one for sale I used the regular type buffer and spring. Went to the range with both in tow and fired them. I have forgotten what the clatter, the kick and all that slap was like. In firing the two almost identical rifles side by side I quickly remembered why I have and do use the silent capture spring in all my rifles. There is a difference between night and day with it and with out it. I did not put one of the rifle for sale to keep the cost down a bit but after firing them both I bought yet another one and put it on the rifle I am selling. For me it is something my AR/s can not do without. The smoothness and the greatly reduced noise and slap and all that is so much reduced it is really something else. So,,, if you ever build a rifle or ever buy one part for your existing rifle spend the 130 bucks and get your self the JPSCS system for your rifle, trust me you will not regret it and once you do you will want it to be a part of every AR you own. JUST AN FYI!! BANG BANG!!!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Are you using the JPSCS with a suppressor? I finally got both of my 6.8s running well with springco red springs and H3 buffers

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good input there CS !!! I've been contemplating the installation of one of those for my next build, and have been wondering whether it was money well spent or more gimmick. Appreciate the report, me thinks, me will give it a go and confirm it for myself.... based upon your shared info. Thank you Kemosabe.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do not have a suppressor but know guys that do. They come with 5 different springs if you buy the whole kit. I have never had any troubles just running the black spring the one that comes with the system. But I have 2 or three sets of springs now. Two 16 inch Grendels, 1 16 inch 6.8SPC, 1 18 inch Grendel. BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you run the basic kit (black spring) in the 16" 6.8? Got one of those to build, a 12.5" 6.8, a 16" .223 Wylde, a 16" 'Yote Smoker (.223 from a 6.8 case), and an existing 16" 6.8 to upgrade. (Oh yeah... a 20" 5.56 rifle gas to upgrade, and an 8.5" 6.8 pistol too)

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got one in a 18" Bison 6.8 and a Bushmaster 308/AR. Absolutely love them. Every AR that I own in the future will have one of these.
Took out my buffer retainer and spring. Not needed. I do keep it well lubed with some light grease. --- pruhdlr

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got one in a 18" Bison 6.8 and a Bushmaster 308/AR. Absolutely love them. Every AR that I own in the future will have one of these.
Took out my buffer retainer and spring. Not needed. I do keep it well lubed with some light grease. --- pruhdlr
That's nice info as well, thanks.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes the black one the one that comes with the setup, and the basic setup also comes with a spacer for rifle length stocks.. My hands do not work well anymore or like they use to. Always wanted to test the others but when the cases are ejecting well and everything functions as it should I say why bother!?? BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, CS... much appreciated. And, sorry to hear the meat hooks aren't up to par for you. I'd be lost, given that I use mine to pay the bills, as well as tinker for enjoyment.