Sig's new ar "pistol" arm brace

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProd...istol-with-sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace.aspx

I was told that these are made for a basic ar receiver and that they now have them made to work as an adjustable length arm brace, similar to an adjustable stock. So rather than paying a tax stamp for an sbr could u buy one of these pistols and add a suppressor and be good to go... Maybe switch out the upper for a 6.8 or 300 blk out?? A military guy was telling me about how to legally do it without having to register it as an sbr. Anyone know more details about this set up and how to legally make it work (minus the suppressor)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Joe Bob has them on sale last time I looked.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I keep toying with getting one of those for my pistol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the way mine is set up better but may change my mind when I put night vision on it.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I remember this coming up on another forum and the guy posted the letter from ATF confirming this as a brace.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They do come w a letter from ATF saying they are legal and not a stock.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would think that they do or could not sell. The Sig 5.56 pistol is very forward heavy with a suppressor it would be worse. I have one I converted to a SBR. I put an Ace folding stock on it. I like my AR better with 12" barrel better balance. Just my 2 cents. Sigs are registered by the upper not the lower. So,not sure how to change out.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks rob. Good info

texas hog man

The Sig arm brace has been atf approved since Nov 2012, but just recently (march2014) a letter surfaced from the atf directed to a sheriff in Colorado stating for clarification that even if the arm brace is "incorrectly" used as a stock it does not violate any laws.. the laws are directed at the design of the firearm not the misuse of it in any way....the laws are intended to identify a weapon class by the design of it not its use.
You can shoulder any pistol as long as it does not have a stock or vertical for grip ( thus putting it into the SBR or other weapons classifications) ....the Sig arm brace is approved as a brace for your arm not as a stock by the atf.....just do NOT modify it in any way as then it may not be approved by the atf... do not remove the Velcro arm band or fill the arm cavity with any solid material and don't tape it to make it more rigid...leave it as is and it is 100% legal to use as a brace or to shoulder it.

I wouldnt flaunt it in front of a law officer though as you might be asking for a long process in court to prove/ disprove your point.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We all understand they are legal. I would like to hear some good feed back as to how they are working in killing hogs or what ever you are shooting at.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have not used mine on hogs yet but. I took the little hammer to the range on Monday. Put 40 300/325gn pills downrange. It worked great. I think going forward with the SBR and keeping the arm brace for travel would be the way to go. Using a rigid stock would greatly improve my accuracy.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
is there anyone who uses an ar pistol with the sig arm brace in conjunction with a pvs-14/ 3x magnifier behind an eotech? Im thinking about building one... that, or just get another 16 inch 6.8 upper

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have used mine for hog hunting, just haven't shot anything with it yet.

My 300 BO. I won't use it is, i have another pistol that I used.

155839137.jpg

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have used mine for hog hunting, just haven't shot anything with it yet.

My 300 BO. I won't use it is, i have another pistol that I used.

155839137.jpg
Very nice looking BO pistol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, I broke down and bought one, found them for $106 on Eflea, will try and see how I like it.

what is was before

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, I broke down and bought one, found them for $106 on Eflea, will try and see how I like it.

what is was before

Looks good Frank. I saw a YouTube video where a guy was shooting it from his shoulder work very well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah either way I do also, like why SBR when the ATF say is OK? I want to put my new ATN X-sight on this if they are ever released.