Sig Sauer Sigtac SB15 brace

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
If you haven't seen, Sig Sauer came out with an arm brace for the AR15 pistol. The brace was mainly designed for those with only one arm or one usable arm, to shoot an AR Pistol.

Here is a pic of one on my 10.5" 223 Wylde:

large.jpg

I have to say, it shoulders perfectly lol. So, reading the internet, you could say you have a legal SBR, I have an excuse, I don't have feeling in my right arm, hand or fingers and motor function issues because of my MS. But the fact is, the ATF approved the submission to them as being a brace:

154211092.jpg

154211125.jpg

here is Sig's video:

of course others might use it like this:

Last edited:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've got several lol, 223 Wylde 10.5", 12.5" 6.8 ***, 8.5" 300 BLK, 11.5" 6.8 BSP, etc., of course I have an SBR tax stamp too, but man this brace actually works good against the shoulder, even though it wasn't 'designed' for that

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It seems the pistol uppers are higher than the normal uppers.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
i build my own, so don't cost anymore, if you want me to build one, let me know

Better than buying one, I square/lap the upper receiver, use locktite around the extension to remove any play, polish the feedramps, lightly polish the chamber for any junk in there, check headspace, etc.....no charge, other than you buying the parts and shipping lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was going to get one but my solution works great for me. I started w a dog tennis ball I had split to fit but this is much better a fishing rod butt head...
PICT0479.JPG PICT0500.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You do know the letter can be revoked at anytime and the users would be the last ones to know? I liked it butway too expensive, mine was easier on the wallet but then I don't have night vision on it yet.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You do know the letter can be revoked at anytime and the users would be the last ones to know? I liked it butway too expensive, mine was easier on the wallet but then I don't have night vision on it yet.
That is why I only use it as it was designed wink wink.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... the more I see that brace, the more I like the notion of having one for my pistol. Between that, and a laser sight? Rock-n-roll !!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have all ATF letters on my phone, including my SBR and Suppressor stamps and carry printed copies of the Form 1 and 4

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Probably a good idea Dave for over zealous and uninformed LEO.s