Should have been hunting my own place

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've been neglecting my place for a while. I went out into the pasture last month and it was rooted up bad. Last week my contractor called me and said there were hogs in my pasture. Being daytime it was no joy. I was seen and they left. Later that night I was showing him my thermal scope and scanner. Three hogs in the pasture. I drove up to about 150 yards and "yanked" on the trigger. Hit the hog, but I did not recover him.

Last night just before bed I went out and scanned. Three hogs. I'm in my Batman sleep pants and camo crocks. I walk up to about 200 yards and set up the sticks. Can't get any closer due to the full moon. What started as three hogs turned into 25. The lead hog has seen me and is getting out of there. I scan back and get on what I think is a smaller sow. Squeeze the trigger this time and hog down. I scan over and catch three more standing there. Another squeeze and I hear the impact. The hogs heads for the brush.

This morning I went out to move the one hog that was too close to my stand. Low and behold, what I thought were smaller sows ended being two 230 or larger boars with good cutters.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going Rick. I've noticed you and Steve have been gradually adding to the kill counter.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Batman strikes it big!

LSB Active Member
What kind of stock is that? Currently I have a BCM with PVC insulation built up for my cheek weld.....that looks like a functional setup. Is that the one that pushes back with the charging handle? I'd like mine to be a bit more forward, but I'm limited by charging handle travel.

Nice hogs

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What kind of stock is that? Currently I have a BCM with PVC insulation built up for my cheek weld.....that looks like a functional setup. Is that the one that pushes back with the charging handle? I'd like mine to be a bit more forward, but I'm limited by charging handle travel.

Nice hogs
Magpul UBR. It's heavy, but I needed the lock up for my 458 Socom.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! Nuttin' little 'bout that pair! Sounds like you have yer work cut out for ya with a sounder that big hangin' out.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good hogs down!! Nuttin' little 'bout that pair! Sounds like you have yer work cut out for ya with a sounder that big hangin' out.
Yes sir! I would like to get the lead hog. It was 1/3 larger than the ones I shot. I thought it was a sounder of sows.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice dual hogs down!! Happy hunting!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Woo-Hoo! If those were the 'smaller' hogs let's see the big ones!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job Rick, nice not having to travel far for a hunt. Now get out there and get that big boy!