Shot Three, Recovered Only One

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
About two weeks ago I went out to thin coyotes. I came across a sounder fresh out of the gate (literally).

They were across the creek and in the trees about 100 yards from our house fenceline. I set up on them and waited for one to clear the brush.

*I should note that the trees along the creek have a ton of vines and greenbriars growing all over them. They don't show in the video, but my actual window to shoot was small. So I placed a single round where it needed to be, and then wasted a second shot before shutting down.

As luck would have it, the sounder did not leave the property. So I stalked again after fording the flooded creek in a tractor.

Next shots were hastily taken, but the first shot hit with a "thud" of authority, and that hog literally jumped into the air. I also heard another round connect with a running hog just as it was about to clear our fence into the woods. Nothing recovered however, which is disappointing.

Attachments

• 20190310_234031_resized.jpg
    20190310_234031_resized.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 7

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One (recovered) is "more gooder" than none. #2 definitely felt the thwack.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down. Sorry you couldn’t recover the others but I bet the buzzards will find them!