Shot show 2017

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thermite 640 Ultra compact thermal weapon sight with integrated ballistic computer

480x360-image1-1478769398_tn.jpg
World's smallest thermal weapon sight with integrated ballistic computer. Built-in video recording. Real-time video streaming. Can be used with connected Laser Range Finder, weather meter, remote controls or your Android and iOS device. Best in class extra wide FOV 17,7° х 13,3° makes it possible to use inside of buildings or in mid-range outdoor applications. Digital zoom x2, x4, x8, x16. Helmet mounted wireless eye piece can be connected to the sight for safety around-the-corner aiming. Also avaliable as a clip-on.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thermosight RM/RL/RX

When detection, identification, and reliability are non-negotiable, you count on the best. Leveraging the full power of the new BOSON 12µm thermal imaging core, the FLIR THERMOSIGHT delivers the vision you need to make every shot count. When compromise is not an option, look no further than FLIR.

Looks interesting the 12 micron core should get more mag out of the smaller lens. If the price is right I would like to grab one in the 640 core and 25mm lens size for a small compact scope. The Zeus models have been one of the quickest scopes I own to power up and get a shot off with internal shutter/nuc.
Looks like flir changed the name on the Zeus to flir thermosight I guess. Hope that 12 micron is good.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was really hope to see more thermal devices with internal recording this year. Hope someone else setups up besides just Pulsar and ATN .

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It should be right around true 1X with 17 micron core. It appears to have Q14 control buttons which I did like on the Q14 I had earlier this year. Just looking at lens size, FLIR core and the controls it should be a pretty solid scanner for the $$$$. Only hold back would be LCD vs OLED screen , however at this price it should sale well.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
2017 SHOT Show Planner - Exhibitors

Just searching companies who make thermal on 2017 shot show webpage. Most just have some teaser info posted not many specs and such.I guess we will have to wait for the good details till show time.

Armasight already has the new thermal mono on their own web page.
Yeah I saw the new mono on their website but nothing on the boson cores. I guess they're trying to keep those a secret still.

znztivguy

LSB Member
BAE_Systems_Enhanced_Night_Vision_Goggle_III.jpg

BAE OASYS next generation ENVG 3 Thermal sight. If I were going to Shotshow this year I would hope that they would show these, so I can compare with the current generation of military thermals ie. UTM-X , KRATOS, UTC, Skeetir, LWTS
I hear that the price is 41,000 for the 3 model.
The ENVG 2 is in the 21,000 range
Both have wireless sync to a helmet mount thermal device as well.
The commercial stuff...will seem like toys compared to these bad boys.
Don't get overexcited over 12 micron chips....its the whole package that counts.
So far don't see much of an improvement from high quality 17 to 12 micron military units.
Of course slight resolution increase but not the drastic increase we have seen from 336 to 640 or 30 hz to 60 hz.
Commercial thermals go 12 microns woohoo...still can't compare to the overall value of a military class 17 micron in buffering or tactical lasers.
images

Links to this PSQ 20 type device a hybrid of some sort (FWS-1)

Last edited:

ATLSteve

I have been seeing people reference buffering on some of the commercial scopes...
Is this in reference to video or what I am seeing in the scope is not live?

znztivguy

LSB Member
I have been seeing people reference buffering on some of the commercial scopes...
Is this in reference to video or what I am seeing in the scope is not live?
When I mention buffering I mean how well the optic is built to stand up to rifle recoil. As you know, chips and the like, are quite sensitive and easy to damage. You can't just put it into a casing and hope it stands up to recoil (some companies do that) for the thermal optic to last and withstand use, it has to be designed with good internal packaging for the chips within.
Most commercial uses will never put their thermals to that level of use. However, the military certainly does. Hence the reason why Mil thermals are costly. Generally they are tougher, and have extras such as visible and ir lasers, digital compass.etc.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i got plenty of room on my SCAR 17 for one of these haha
I don't know if it will take the scars recoil but we nominate you to try it out and let us know :)

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_20170117_093721_162.jpg IMG_20170117_093544_949.jpg 12 micron cores are here the new scopes come with internal video recording and 32gig storage.

The new I2 3gen night vision scopes have oled screen with video out so now we can finally record through night vision!

THE-NITE-MUNKY

I don't know if it will take the scars recoil but we nominate you to try it out and let us know :)
Haha I've been in the market for a thermal just new to the thermal game and I wanted to see what everyone was coming out with at SHOTSHOW 17 and whatevery ones suggestions are..

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's gonna make for some great video! Are they new scopes marketed as armasight or flir products?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Exciting things are happening!! Thanks for the reports

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha I've been in the market for a thermal just new to the thermal game and I wanted to see what everyone was coming out with at SHOTSHOW 17 and whatevery ones suggestions are..
I would stick to the armasight/flir pro line on a scar.