Shot a Pretty Decent Boar the Other Night

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
My Father-in-Law brought a friend over Monday afternoon. The guy politely asked if I could help him with a hog problem on his ranch. Apparently his pastures had been getting pretty torn up lately, and he had no luck spotlighting. Since his ranch is 14 miles from ours, I gladly accepted to go over and help.

Got out there at 2300 and started out. Within 200 yards, I spotted this boar rooting up. Spent the next 10 minutes putting a stalk on him, which included my walking head long into a barbed wire fence (unfamiliar with the property). There was no illum out there, so it was dark.

Shot this fella at about 2320, and was back in the truck by 2340. I love nights like this, but they are definitely few and far between.

I suspect I'll be out there again, there is a pretty good sized sounder out there judging by the amount of land that is torn up. The damage spans probably 50 acres (here and there, but everywhere).

20190429_Kirkus Boar.jpg

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog indeed! Portly fellow! Looks like he’s been enjoying the mud too. Good shooting

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love a good/solid kill! Nicely done. Go shed some more blood.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It’s a good night out when the video editing takes longer than the hunt itself.

Definitely worth a couple dollars of insurance on the follow-up shots – definitely don’t want to go slugging it out in the swamp looking for him.

Be careful… You might get a reputation in the neighborhood for being a killer.

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
It’s a good night out when the video editing takes longer than the hunt itself.

Definitely worth a couple dollars of insurance on the follow-up shots – definitely don’t want to go slugging it out in the swamp looking for him.

Be careful… You might get a reputation in the neighborhood for being a killer.

LOL...What editing???