Self trust or lawyer trust?

Harris hawker

LSB Member
I have a friend who did his own trust for like $129. Or something like that. On 1/11/13 he sent is app in for a SBR and on 9/11/13 he got his stamp approved, and received it on 9/14/13.

Is there anything to be worried about doing a self trust?
It obviously works cause the ATF accepted it.
Is there any super great benefit to going thru a lawyer as opposed to doing it your self?
With all the new rules this idiot and chief want to change, this just became important to do.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Mike

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The major benefit I see is if the ATF ever does have a problem with the trust you will have a lawyer to back you up. Quicken Law or any other law program that helps draw up legal documents doesn't go to court for you.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lawyer!

With everything going on right now. It is a good idea to have a fully competent trust written for you.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Go is a Family Trust with a gun clause do the same as a specific Gun Trust?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Go is a Family Trust with a gun clause do the same as a specific Gun Trust?

That would be a question Sean Cody could answer better than me, but i can say that Class 3 weapons and the NFA is mentioned many times throughout my trust document. I would imagine there is a point to the language being there.

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been speaking with Sean Cody the past few days. He is doing my trust. I think for the price he charges (400.00), its worth having a attorney that will back it just in case. He returns emails and phones calls very quickly, never rushed me off the phone with my 1000 questions lol. Seems to be really good guy.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We are very lucky here in NC all it took me to form my trust was some software and a notary. I have several Class 3 items and more on way so we are lucky here.