Seeking advice on the Pulsar Helion XP50 Monocular

jrweston

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Considering the Pulsar Helion XP-50 Monocular. Seeking advice and experience. What do you like and what do you not like about it? How does the Pulsar compare image wise and detection range with the Trijicon IR Patrol.

darrohn801

LSB Member
I have the trail XP50 and the IR Patrol. I often go from my XP50 to my Trail for better identificiation. If you were soley using it for a "spotter" and you have the extra money to spend I would go with the IR patrol no question. The nice thing is the IR patrol is helmet mountable and if you wanted to you can also weapons mount it. I love all the features built in to the Pulsar lines and that is why I own both. However, if you have the money spend it on the IR Patrol. If you don't, the XP50 is still an awesome scope!

Robert H

LSB Member
I just got one image is great very sharp.The wifi is ok not great but I am still getting familiar.Clearly ID deer at 300yd skunk at 100yd.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Considering the Pulsar Helion XP-50 Monocular. Seeking advice and experience. What do you like and what do you not like about it? How does the Pulsar compare image wise and detection range with the Trijicon IR Patrol.
This isn’t quite the comparison you’re asking about. But I have come to the conclusion that I have slightly better detection with my new(er) pulsar XP50 than I do with my three year old IRD Mark2/35mm.

This summer I have been able to see deer pick up their heads farther away in a field, probably due to the manual focus on the pulsar lens?

Not sure if a thermal sensor degrades with usage or not? Nor have I compared the two scopes out on a cool dry night.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Both are nice since I leave my monoculars on all night I like the pulsar battery pack. I can get you either. Call me and we can talk about it. 817) 668-1001