SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great price on this ammo.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Last I head anyone with actual experience shooting this ammo was Txlawman. But I believe he got it cheap because it was a bad batch.. defective or out of spec. He had very poor results with this ammo on hogs... even on coyotes. I'm wondering if the ammo gave poor results because it was actually defective and failed to perform as intended as a result, or if bc it just doesn't do the damage that something like the SSTs, federal fusions or TTSX do. It's my understanding that this ammo is very similar if not the same design as the 115 grain federal fusions.

Basically, I would like to stock up on it, but no one has any field results on game with it.

Anyone have any field results using this ammo? If I lived closer to my dads place or if I land this lease that I might be getting on that's closer to houston, then I will be able to get out a lot more often and test it myself. IF... So wish me luck on the stars lining up for the lease!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Over on 68forums, many have had good results with it on deer this past hunting season. If my rememberer is working correctly, it performed a little "more gooder" on hogs at long range than what is typical for night hunting. But, I don't think the results were comparable with the SSTs.

Some are reporting "fine print" shipping differences between these, and other 6.8 ammo offerings by PSA. May be charging more for shipping for these, as well as added tax to some States (GA in particular).

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My bullets were pulled but not defective. Many people who shoot a lot of hogs had trouble. I tried them several times with the same results lots of blood but wounded animals. Of course my hunting is different multiple shots at weird angles on running targets. I suppose with well placed single shots it may do fine.