Saint Louis cut ribs

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I brined some ribs with Apple juice sugar and salt over night and cooked today. They are they best ribs. I have cooked to date. Way tender and tasty. Cooked on my green egg using the a cast iron piece that makes it the heat indirect. Cooked 3 hours with out smoke around 225 degrees added apple wood for another 2 hours of smoke,around 150 degrees. They were amazing. I wish I had not eaten the last rib as I am so full. Highly recommend. Brining is the real deal!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No pix? I rubbed some rack of pork back ribs, and into the smoker for a few hours. Hickory and cherry. Gave a couple off racks to my neighbors who gather my mail for me. The one for me will be backed in the Weber kettle with indirect heat, and basted with some sauce near the end. M'be some tater salad to go with 'hem. Pro'bly tomorrow's eats. Mmmmm, love me some ribs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Darn you, just took my ribs out to brine for cooking tomorrow after reading this! Thanks

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Darn you, just took my ribs out to brine for cooking tomorrow after reading this! Thanks
You are going to be amazed

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No pix? I rubbed some rack of pork back ribs, and into the smoker for a few hours. Hickory and cherry. Gave a couple off racks to my neighbors who gather my mail for me. The one for me will be backed in the Weber kettle with indirect heat, and basted with some sauce near the end. M'be some tater salad to go with 'hem. Pro'bly tomorrow's eats. Mmmmm, love me some ribs.
Sorry Rd between the wine and cooking forgot....... I am sure you understand. Lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think I will just put mine in the smoker for the duration

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I unnerstan'.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rd and frank are just caught up on rubbing the rack, they aren't concerned with taste

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well I do have the best dry rub you can get. Rudy's, have my supply in from TX along w the sauce

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ha ! Rub, smoke, charcoal cooking, and sauce on the side as desired. They eat just fine, thank you very big.

A fine rack does require care.
Rd and frank are just caught up on rubbing the rack, they aren't concerned with taste

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CHARLESTABLET - WIN_20140526_180152.JPG

And, that's homemade tater salad too. Washed down with a cold beverage, blueberry pie with whipped cream later tonight.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was getting through this thread just fine until I hit RD's picture. Now I want to go out and fire up the smoker.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did the same, homemade tater salad and ribs, very good!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got either a pic of the toilet or my stomach, which do you want?? I am not in a habit of taking pics of my food, sorry.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got either a pic of the toilet or my stomach, which do you want?? I am not in a habit of taking pics of my food, sorry.
LOL... just tossin' back a little of what you gave TLM the other day.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good choice...I was eatin not huntin...

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice smoke ring! Did you,brine?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice smoke ring! Did you,brine?
Thank you. No. Spice rub, smoker with hickory and cherry wood, baked in the Weber kettle with charcoal and indirect heat. Basted with sauce for the last 20 min.

Tater salad is Yukon Golds, shallots, celery, hard boiled egg, dill pickle relish, fresh parsley, mayo, yellow mustard, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and smoked paprika. Gobs more gooder the next day.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
all looks good to me