RODEO SOW

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Original plan for hunting location fell through, so we ended up back on the south side of SA. Found this group of 3 large sows and about 15 piglets in a cut wheat field (about 400 yds from the last video). Got downwind and started to get in position. At about 65 yds the Alpha sow busted us. I was set up and watching through the scope. Could tell she was gonna bolt. When she did I let one round off and hit her low in the chest, she jumped about 3 feet in the air and jumped again just as I fired the second shot. That shot broke her back leg. I missed the third and she dropped on the fourth. Kept shooting at the others, but kept getting malfunctions. After clearing at least 5 malfunctions I got back up and saw the piglets. Missed first shot and connected on the next 2. My 6.8 has been failing to chamber and won't fire. I've missed some great opportunities due to this. Got home and started looking at my press, brass and reloads. Figured out that the rcbs sizing die in my dillon press had worked itself loose and wasn't pressing against the shell plate. Got that solved, now to pull about 300 bullets and resize the brass, frustrating...but not nearly as frustrating as lining up a good shot and hearing a click.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! Lots of good targets there. Enjoyed seeing that leaping alpha sow.
Glad to hear you ID'd the brass sizing issue and corrected... but breaking down 300 rounds will suck. Ouch!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lotta targets there. rodeo sow is right she might have won an award! 300 to pull yikes, you have lots of work ahead!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Better'n any 8 sec. ride...

Good lead on some of those shots. Sucks about the reloading SNAFU you gotta fix. At least it's diagnosed though.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot, caught her right at the perfect time.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Only thing missing was a monkey in a cowboy outfit riding her.

Too bad the Russian boar judge only gave her a 7.2…

Great shooting and video!

Last edited:

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool video! That sow was practicing for the hurdles in the upcoming Olympics

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shooting. Impressive form on the Ukranian gymnast.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was thinking/dreading about pulling all those bullets. At least half have run ok. Gonna get a Wilson case gauge. Got um for 308 and 223... I'll see how many are in spec and pull the rest