riders on the storm

D

djones

these hogs invaded a freshly planted peanut field. night vision would have been useless since i was facing into a spectacular lightning storm. hogs were moving, and i couldn’t decide which end i wanted to start on. then they bunched up together on the right and decided for me.

at first i thought i blew it because i didn’t have any tumblers, but i think i hit a few. i like how the hog on the right stood up on his hind legs and prayed for redemption before taking his last breath.

i only had time to snap a couple pics of the close ones. the storm was on top of me, and i would be in the belly of the beast in seconds.

blow1_zpsgbaajkzc.jpg

blow2_zpsn6zqtcq9.jpg

here's a quick clip of some daytime hogs i just happened to come up on. no shooting from the road and i didn't have either side so we just played around. note this was not harassment of animals, all fun.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good stuff, you have a target rich environment out there! How many did you end up getting out of the group? I bet you coulda caught that last one on foot he was so worn out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like several went down, loved the chase, how fast were you going to keep up w them?

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You have this uncanny ability to find hogs at will.

I hate you...

D

djones

not sure how many went down. i wouldn't have even photoed the two except they were close and i could see them. there really was a monster of a lightning storm and i didn't want to get flooded in and spend the night there.

i think the sow was probably running at about 35mph, but i didn't check the speedometer. she looked to be in good shape and running on a hard dirt road... she might have hit 40??

i really don't care about hogs or shooting at all. i just do it to piss off scram. i think it's working.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boy you put the stank on a few of them!! Then that pig running when he turned on the after-burners that was pretty neat, to top it off he decided to play pet dog and run beside you!! FUNNY THINGS!!!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hi-Ho Silver!!! Away !!! Oh, wait... flop.

I'd suggest that sow was hauling ass... but, she was hauling hog. And, doing a good job of it too.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down and good chase!