REAP-IR 640X480 35mm

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was looking at this scope on optics planet and they are no longer carrying it. Optics planet has a statement that IR DEFENSE will be no longer manufacturing the REAP-IR is this true. I thought that this was their top of the line scope.

I know that there are plenty of other site that still have these in stock. I'm just curious if this is true and if so why. If anyone has any input.

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I haven't heard this, could it be because IR Defense was sold to Trijicon so technically that is who will be selling it?

I have the REAP and it's amazing! Would be a shame if it was discontinued.

Looks like they are still carrying it under a different name/item #? Says this is a "new" product.

Trijicon Electro Optics REAP-IR™ 35mm Thermal Weapon Sight w/8x E-Zoom w/ Free Shipping and Handling — 2 models

This is correct. They are just switching the branding from IR Defense to Trijicon EO. They recently raised the price on the REAP by about $500, but we still have about 20 of the IR Defense branded units at the lower price.

REAP-IR Mini Thermal Weapon Sight with Free Accessories

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys I should have caught that
anim-stick-162991.gif
I see they did go up about 395.00 in price though o_O

Last edited:

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can hunt around and try to find an IR Defense branded unit still in stock. Ultimate Night Vision was selling some for 7500 or so. The Trijicon ones are 3-500 more regardless where you go. They come with a better warranty though I believe. I just got one and it says in the book lifetime on housing, mount and all components solid parts, 3 years on electronics. It also comes in a nice hard case.