Reap Battery Options??

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any comments on the IR-X option vs. the external battery solution from UNV? I dont mind a cord but do like the idea of self contained power. Whats runtime with the IR-X (17500) batteries? TIA!

Last edited:

Schneeky

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just saw this after my long-winded thread.
I've been running a lipstick charger on my REAP for several years so far. Haven't run out of power afield as of yet.
It ain't "graceful", but it works fine. It was much "neater" when I had the extra cable wrapped the other way around the REAP. Had to reverse it for a break that started acting up recently.
No complaints after all this use, tho'. :cool: d:^)
IMG_20191130_054814346.jpg

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the info Schneeky.

So far with a good sampling of hunts using the IR-X setup, I'm getting 3 or 4 hours out of a set of batteries (2 x 17500) with scope on 100% of the time. While its way cheaper than 123's switching batteries in the field is a minor annoyance. I have been using an Ankor battery for my Zeus for a couple years and appreciate the 8 hour runtime on that. May go ahead and try the UNV corded battery.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anker PowerCore 10000, One of The Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact Portable Charger, High-Speed Charging Technology Power Bank for Iphone, Samsung Galaxy and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0194WDVHI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bV65DbHSXJQSS
Thanks for the info Schneeky.

So far with a good sampling of hunts using the IR-X setup, I'm getting 3 or 4 hours out of a set of batteries (2 x 17500) with scope on 100% of the time. While its way cheaper than 123's switching batteries in the field is a minor annoyance. I have been using an Ankor battery for my Zeus for a couple years and appreciate the 8 hour runtime on that. May go ahead and try the UNV corded battery.
I use this anker battery on my reap IR and it lasts all night and then some. UNV is the only place I know that sells a cord for it.
Ive also used the anker on a pulsar trail for a last minute hunt when the pulsar battery wasn’t charged.