Reap Battery Options??

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by Bakester, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Bakester

Bakester LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Any comments on the IR-X option vs. the external battery solution from UNV? I dont mind a cord but do like the idea of self contained power. Whats runtime with the IR-X (17500) batteries? TIA!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. Bakester

I ended up going with the IR-X setup and will post up run times in a couple weeks.

Brian Shaffer and theblakester like this.
  3. Schneeky

Schneeky LSB Member LoneStarBoars Supporter

Just saw this after my long-winded thread.
    I've been running a lipstick charger on my REAP for several years so far. Haven't run out of power afield as of yet.
    It ain't "graceful", but it works fine. It was much "neater" when I had the extra cable wrapped the other way around the REAP. Had to reverse it for a break that started acting up recently.
    No complaints after all this use, tho'. :cool: d:^)
    IMG_20191130_054814346.jpg

4. Bakester

Thanks for the info Schneeky.

So far with a good sampling of hunts using the IR-X setup, I'm getting 3 or 4 hours out of a set of batteries (2 x 17500) with scope on 100% of the time. While its way cheaper than 123's switching batteries in the field is a minor annoyance. I have been using an Ankor battery for my Zeus for a couple years and appreciate the 8 hour runtime on that. May go ahead and try the UNV corded battery.

5. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Anker PowerCore 10000, One of The Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact Portable Charger, High-Speed Charging Technology Power Bank for Iphone, Samsung Galaxy and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0194WDVHI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bV65DbHSXJQSS
    I use this anker battery on my reap IR and it lasts all night and then some. UNV is the only place I know that sells a cord for it.
    Ive also used the anker on a pulsar trail for a last minute hunt when the pulsar battery wasn’t charged.

6. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member