Range Finder/s

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looking at range finders and like most things these days there are a lot to choose from. I am looking for a decent range finder for up to 500 yrds do not need anything fancy just a dependable range finder to 500yrds. Anyone have any suggestions that do not cost a ton of money?? Thanks in advance. BANG BANG!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I run a Leica and it is very accurate. At ranges of 800+ it will read when others rated for that distance won't. For the ranges you want Id say long it is a name brand ie... Nikon, bushnell, redfield or similar would work fine.

chthump

LSB Member
I always wanted a range finder that had the ability to give you the distance,(plus) show you the bullet drop in mils.

Have an interface where you could enter in your exact drop for a specific load with fps and your zero, then you could range it and it would spit out the exact drop. Kinda of like the Eliminator scope but in a range finder, so you could use it with several different rifles.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That would be pretty neat. I use Ballistic AE on my iPhone. I put as much info in it that I could and it's accurate to 1,000 yards so far

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Leica, I have read about them but do not know where they are out of and could not find an office. There seems to be more bad reviews than good ones. I just need something that is going to work and not necessarily out that far I just thought 500 was a good #. Vortex, Bushnell and Nikon, and Leica come up a lot. Will wait a while and see what others use. BANG BANG!!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a Leica LF800 that I bought over 12 years ago and it still works perfectly. Great glass - if I'm packing light it can double as short-medium range use binoculars. I know there are cheaper options available now, but when it comes to optics I'm one of those buy once/cry once guys.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also have had nothing but good experiences with my Leica 1000. Great glass and dependable ranging.

For the ranges you are wanting I would say get something cheaper but if you ever think you might want one with longer range, buy once-cry once