Quick tip on changing and zeroing scopes on a rifle.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ain't nuttin' wrong wit' 'dat !

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I do this with my IR lasers too. However, I don't switch scope very often, but I do plan on switching ammo soon. I bought some federal 115 MSR just to test on some hogs. My plan is to double check zero with my 120 sst handloads and make sure my IR laser matches that zero. Then I will shoot the 115 MSR and zero my eotech to it @ 50 yards. I plan to shoot some hogs with the MSR so I can share some live testing with you all and another forum. Then when I'm done I will just zero my Eotech back with the IR laser set on a target at 50 yards. Then shoot just a round or two to double check. Makes things a lot easier. Another option is to write down how many clicks of windage and elevation adjustments I make from one type of ammo to the next.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't change scopes a lot but this will work because I want a new scope on my model 70. Just ordered a laser so we will see how well this idea does

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can see using this if you have one rifle that you mount a scope on for daytime hunting and an EOTECH for NV hunting at night.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That will get it done, but I always end up building another rifle is I have parts lying around that I like.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do that a lot too. I have like a dozen barrels laying around just taunting me into builds

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do that a lot too. I have like a dozen barrels laying around just taunting me into builds
I have a pair of 'em screaming at me from inside their little shipping boxes.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just ordered a laser and will try it on my 6.8 pistol, in fact I may leave the laser on for hunting.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Be careful with the laser, I have heard that pigs have been known to be able to see regular laser lights at night. Bring it down slowly.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I hunt w lights and not NV we have to do the same w them also. Thanks

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fixin' to burn a hole in whatever it is he's pointin' it at.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like the phaser is set to kill! What a great way to change scope which I do from time to time short, to long distance scopes.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, laser installed on 6.8 pistol. It is mounted on the top rail in front of the scope so I only have to worry about the up and down not side to side changing. At 50 yds it is matched up to my cross hairs on the scope where it is sighted in for. I am within .5 @ 40-125 yds. does that mean the laser is too? I was going to offset it on off the top rail by due to the cantilever mount on my scope it works great directly in front.

The one I got I can easily see 50 yds day time and longer, at night it will be amazing.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which one did you order?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380587219467&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:3160
Tactical Green Laser Sight Gun Mount & Remote Pressure Switch for Picatinny Rail
You shoot things with guns and you need to know you are aiming at the right targets. This tactical green laser sight provides a brighter light than its red laser counterparts, allowing you to hit the bullseye, day or night, and not your unsuspecting dog.

• High Precision Green Laser sight reaches up to 300m
  • Mounts to Picatinny rail style guns; Inculdes both pressure and on/off tail switch
  • Wavelength: 532nm: Wattage: ≤5mW
  • L: 120mm, H:36mm; Weight:144g; Uses CR123A battery (included)
  • Package Contents: 1 x laser sight, 1 x mount, 1 x point switch, 1 x 3V battery, 1 x uniter, 1 X allen wrench

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380587219467&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:3160
Tactical Green Laser Sight Gun Mount & Remote Pressure Switch for Picatinny Rail
You shoot things with guns and you need to know you are aiming at the right targets. This tactical green laser sight provides a brighter light than its red laser counterparts, allowing you to hit the bullseye, day or night, and not your unsuspecting dog.

• High Precision Green Laser sight reaches up to 300m
  • Mounts to Picatinny rail style guns; Inculdes both pressure and on/off tail switch
  • Wavelength: 532nm: Wattage: ≤5mW
  • L: 120mm, H:36mm; Weight:144g; Uses CR123A battery (included)
  • Package Contents: 1 x laser sight, 1 x mount, 1 x point switch, 1 x 3V battery, 1 x uniter, 1 X allen wrench
One in the bag dang what a deal and free shipping 9 left better hurry.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice little unit, brighter than my Viridian and a larger dot on target too. I thought it was a good price. Did not use their mounts, had a cheap 1" ring low as I could find in my parts box and used that.