Question for the more experienced....

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Why are ya'll still posting on this. Lawman has spoken.

znztivguy

LSB Member
Yea there is a tiny ribbon cable that is understress at a sharp angle in them. When it goes your unit goes. The wires are so small they have to replace the whole board. It's a fairly common issue with them from what I hear. I know a certain person that has a whole drawer filled with broken mtm's.
Ahh...on the motherboard. Didn't know that, I've been fortunate to own 3-4 of the MTM's and none have failed me so far, then again I don't mount them on rifles. I will be weary of that particular weakness. Thanks for pointing this out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I always assumed you had carried the Helios as an overcompensation for some masculine deficiency. But yes it's pretty cool to be able to look 2 counties over at a target. And I'll give credit where it's due on the naps- you're the only person that I know that can be snoring for 30 min then suddenly jolt to life, point and say "hogs" and there they are. I have suspected you just carry the thermal to cover-up an unnatural ability to smell hogs at any distance, which may or may not result from a childhood swine molestation incident you mumbled about during one of your naps.

This has to be included in ANY "Best OF" LSB quotes!