PVS eyepiece adapter 4 iphone

sigfla

LSB Member
Anyone know of a universal adapter or one that fits the iPhone 7? I want to film through the eyepiece of my MK3 and PVS14 but only see adapters for the 4/5 and some you can 3d print yourself for the 7. Am I just missing how some of you all do it?

sigfla

LSB Member
I was experimenting with taking pics through the eyepiece before I ordered anything. I was disappointed with the exposure using the native phone camera. It was washed out and didn’t give the same detail as the naked eye. I did some searching and found a “pro phone” app that lets you control exposure. This is the result of my first quick pic. It’s oretty close to what the naked eye sees looking through the eyepiece of my mk3. The vertical lines on the bottom and top of the transformer are only visible through the app and the naked eye. Not bad

sigfla

LSB Member
I just bought a phonescope unit with custom adapter for the PVS-14 eyepiece. They said it wouldn’t work but another YouTuber uses it and it’s no different than holding the phone over the eyepiece like I just did. Phone exposure settings need to be played with but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on any pvs14 eyepiece used on many nv and thermal devices. If you do a search on YouTube on filming through PVS-14 he shows you how to adjust exposure for video through the iPhone camera app. I prob didn’t need the other app now that I have seen his video on adjusting the camera app that comes with the phone. BTW they have adapters for lots of phones. Much cheaper than the other units I have seen out there. Todd you should look these guys up and carry some units in your store to film through the eyepiece.