PVS-14 storage

Rookie

LSB Member
I purchased a PVS-14 (thanks to Todd for being a bad influence) and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. The first question I have is, how do you store your PVS-14 when you're not using it. I keep reading about "burning the tube". Is this a concern when it's shut off? Turned on? All the time?

Any other pieces of advice would be appreciated.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Burning the tube is when the unit is on and either a real bright image or it sits still for a period of time and the image is burned in like on a computer screen with out a screen saver. I always recommend storing it with the batteries out. That way there is no chance of leaving it on and/or the batteries corroding.

Rookie

LSB Member
So, if I store it in my gun safe without any batteries in it, I won't have to worry about burning it when it's not being used. Correct?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You don't have to worry about burning it as long as it is off. I take batteries out because they can corrode the battery compartment.

whitehotmist

LSB Member
As mentioned above.. best thing to do is always remove the battery. I also keep the pinhole in the front cover covered with a piece of tape just as an added precaution for when safe is open, but again, as long as the battery is out and it's not on it doesn't really matter.

Rookie

LSB Member
Next question...

I've read where people use a safety strap on their monocular. Where do you put it?