Put my new Apex to work

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy smokes brother! Now thats a good night’s work right there!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
View attachment 6284 First hunt with the Apex XQ50. Put bullets in 7 retrieved 5. Little buggers are hard to find in the briars. ARP7.62x39 8m3 ammo 20-170 yards. Biggest taped 41 1/2.
Well done sir! Nice pile of pork there!!

What barrel length on that ARP15performance 7.62x39?
How did that 8M3 ammo do on the 170 lb hog. Where'd the bullet enter (I assume no exit)? At what angle did the bullet travel? How far did it run if at all? How was the blood trail? Size of wound channel?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going. Keep that Apex workin' !!!

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well done sir! Nice pile of pork there!!

What barrel length on that ARP15performance 7.62x39?
How did that 8M3 ammo do on the 170 lb hog. Where'd the bullet enter (I assume no exit)? At what angle did the bullet travel? How far did it run if at all? How was the blood trail? Size of wound channel?

The boar taped a tight 41 1/2 inches so should have been over 210lb I think. First shot was around 80 yards just in front of the on side shoulder and broke the offside shoulder and did not exit. He turned and ran hard quartering to me. Hit him again but to far back mid body and removed most of the hide and meat off the same side hind quarter on exit . The last shot is the shot you see a little low in the neck quarter size exit. All in around 20 yards.
Small hogs fist size exit shot from 145-170 yards. They ran 0-30 yards. The sow was 20-30 yards. Fist size hole through the ribs but lost steam and just a thumb size hole out the off side hide. She did not even kick.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks! I've got 1000 rds of it. I've been curious about tryin this ammo. I have concerns about penetration on larger hogs and shoulder shots.

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks! I've got 1000 rds of it. I've been curious about tryin this ammo. I have concerns about penetration on larger hogs and shoulder shots.

Have been shooting the SST but decided to try them out this year for my self. Need to shoot some bigger hog at distance before I switch completely.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good killin' right there. Nice work.

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My setup and the sow on top in the back of the truck. First hog with a thermal shot about an hour before dark. Forget I had taken the picture upload_2018-4-11_20-8-27.jpeg