Pulsar Trial XP50 Picture in Picture Issue

clint wyscarver

I just purchased a Pulsar Trail XP50 and tried to sight it in this weekend. The sight in didn't got all that great as soon I tried to make small adjustments the impact point would move more than expected. I would still get grouping just not where I wanted.. Anyway, past that another issue I have is the PIP moved and is now offset vs the main reticle. Basically I adjusted the sight and corrected a dead pixel. Any idea what caused this and how I can correct it?

Attachments

• XP50 Image.PNG
    XP50 Image.PNG
    481.8 KB · Views: 24

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First off I do not understand how you are sighting it in. It should be a simple one shot sight in process.

1. Fire at the target.
2. Freeze the screen.
3. Move the X to the impact point done.

There should not be any more adjusting.

As for the PIP I am assuming that had something to do with keeping zero, I would have never noticed it until you pointed it out.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I’ve not noticed this before with my pulsar, I guess because it did not require much change in windage to get it zeroed in.

If you’ve got to move your windage a good amount does that result in the crosshairs looking like they are not centered in the picture of the view finder?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’ve not noticed this before with my pulsar, I guess because it did not require much change in windage to get it zeroed in.

If you’ve got to move your windage a good amount does that result in the crosshairs looking like they are not centered in the picture of the view finder?

Yes, because the crosshairs are not centered in the viewfinder. If you have to move them much, they aren't centered in Pulsar, FLIR, or Trijicon, either.