Pulsar Trail

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does anyone have a idea of when Pulsar will start delivering mass product( 640/384 Trail scopes ) to dealers?

Right now it seems pre-orders are being filled ever so slowly XP Trails and XQ trail models seem even more rare.

I think I may give a XQ30/38 a try myself maybe jump up to a XP38.

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's coming. They are apparently trying to ramp up production as much as possible. I've got a ton of them on order and adding to it. The heaviest ordered is the XP50. I'd do that XQ38 if you're wanting the shortest wait. I think it may be the least backordered.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the trail save your settings when powered off or go back to profile settings?

Also same for PIP screen or does it have to be selected PIP screen mode every time when powered up?

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Night Vision Guys said they have 1 more Trail in stock, don't know what it is

Bearclaw

Ultimate Night Vision
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the trail save your settings when powered off or go back to profile settings?

Also same for PIP screen or does it have to be selected PIP screen mode every time when powered up?
Yes it saves your settings, so it doesn't save zoom level or PIP zoom. Everything including zoom remains the same if you use the display off function.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Night vision guys had one XP38 trail today getting more shortly. The xp 640 models are hard to come by the XQ 380''s should be very plentiful soon.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
VgliTE.jpg
Guess I'm big time now put the XP38 Trail to work last night. Overall, I'm pretty impressed it's a very nice TWS and user friendly. I didn't really like the factory rail mount luckily I had the new DLOC mount very nice upgrade a must have really:

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'll probably get an XP50 eventually, but I'm not in a big hurry. Right now I'm thinking I'll wait until after they get the sound recording working. Any projections on when that might happen?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can u tell me a little more about the Dloc mount or add another pic from the other side? And how much it costs?
Congrats on the new optic btw

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's not the cheapest mount do to production cost of just producing a few hundred mounts at a time.

UNV is a vendor here they maybe able to offer a discount/code if you ask them. No promises it just never hurts to ask.

I've used the DLOC type mount on my Reap-IR for nearly a year now and really like their design. It grabs the rail with spring tension and will lock on there without even tightening the thumb screw. It grips the entire rail length of mount so is solid and 100% POI return in my experience.

It's lite weight also a big plus and wayyyyyyyy better than the factory pulsar mount. To me I'll buy one for ever pulsar scope I ever own it's a super upgrade to your Pulsar scope.

Pulsar USA should make a deal with DLOC like IRD did and install these on their scopes from the factory if you ask me. The Trail and Apex are awesome scopes they deserve a awesome mount to go with them.

DLOC-PTM Quick Release Mount for Pulsar Thermal

Last edited:

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, that DLOC on a REAP is pretty slick. I couldnt believe how such a small mount with a simple knob could hold the scope. If they had one for a Zeus, I'd be all over it.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep I would also buy one for my Zeus.. The current Zeus mount is very solid maybe even over kill in some ways. I would just like something lower profile bulk wise/more compact overall.

Another plus to the DLOC mount is the fact it adjust to even out of spec rails without adjust or tools needed.

Even my AM or Larue mounts sometimes need to be tightened or loosened to fit some rails which means I will not use that rifle as one of my POI's saved on my scope. I don't trust POI not to change when you start haveing to do adjustments with a tool for fit. Plus that's a pain to do every time you change your scope around.

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
we have sold three of them. The guys really like them

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does the scope sit lower on the rail with the Dloc mount vs the factory?

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just giving it a quick eye ball test the new DLOC mount adds maybe 1/8 to 1/10 of a inch more height.

Barely noticeable if at all. I can tell you I don't use a AR-15 platform and the DLOC mount doesn't seem to high for bolt action 300 blk or 10/22 setup.

boatdriver1790

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I put a DLOC-PTM on my Apex XD38. This mount is a must have. So simple to quickly mount and un-mount the scope for scanning. I took it on and off ten times shooting in between. It held zero without fail. The price is hard to swallow but you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I put a DLCO-PTM on my Apex XD38. This mount is a must have. So simple to quickly mount and un-mount the scope for scanning. I took it on and off ten times shooting in between. It held zero without fail. The price is hard to swallow but you will not be disappointed.

Yep, It's a huge upgrade and zero impact shift at 50-100 yards. I took the Trail scope off/on my 223 rifle this weekend to test POI shift at 50 and 100 yards in my rifle sled rest. It was still hitting within 1/4" to 1/2" and that could have just been me. Anyway much better than I can ever do in the field hunting off hand shooting.