Pulsar Trail XQ38-Need Help

Cody_McGuire

I am having trouble with a few things with my Scope/App.

I cant seem to get the videos from the app saved to my IPhone in any type of way. (emailing them to myself, text, etc. nothing). I am connected and can view the files but can not get them off my scope. iv heard this could be due to a firmware update, but when I try press check for update, it reads "please connect to the internet for this operation". I have went and looked at the updates on Pulsars Website but I'm a little confused on exactly what to do.

note - in the app under application settings, it reads version 3.1.2

I would really love to have the latest version so I can have audio with my videos. Also, while I have been trying a few things on the app and internet, SEVERAL of my videos have been deleted somehow and I can not find them anywhere on the app. Is there any way to try and get them back?

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to do this please?

Spence Dilworth

Cody,

I think you problem is somewhat similar to the problem that I was having and posted about not too long ago.

My Pulsar Trail XP 50 was having trouble connecting and/or staying connected to the app. I found that deleting and reinstalling the app has helped me. I'm delaying the latest firmware update until I know I can get to the range and check my zero as the update comes with a warning that says you should check your zero after the update.

When connectivity was an issue and I wanted to see my videos then I just plugged my scope in to my computer and dragged the files over. That is super easy. You will likely need to download some sort of file converting program to be able to play your videos. When you plug the scope in you will need to look in the scope and tell it you are using it as a hard drive.

I think I understand part of your post to say that you are not sure how to update the firmware on your scope. Is that right? Connect your iPhone to the internet and go to StreamVision. Click on "My Devices" and then update the firmware. Then disconnect your phone from the internet and connect to your scope and do the same thing in the app. It is super easy.

I don't know anything about retrieving your old videos that may have been lost. Maybe somebody with more experience can help. I'm pretty new to all of this.

jglass

LSB Member
Cody, I have the same exact Pulsar scope. You can use the iphone to start and stop pictures and videos but I'm not sure about saving directly to the iphone. I never tried it. I always took the scope home and downloaded the pics and videos, through the cable, to my laptop and looked at them from there. I can email them from the laptop to the iphone and get them into the iphone that way. Personally I can't edit the videos. I have windows movie maker but can't figure out that software. All I want to do is trim the videos so they will upload and email easier. ' Now I just record short videos so they don't need to be trimmed. You can pause and restart a video at the scope then upload the entire video.. Remember though if you pause a video and turn off the scope the video will be lost.

Hey Spence, I was able to watch my videos and pictures with whatever was on my computer. The videos I tried to edit with movie maker would not play though. Wish

As for sound, I think Pulsar is having trouble matching sound to the video but that is just my guess. After using the scope in Florida for 90 days I don't care about sound anymore but that is just me. I'm way to busy hunting hogs.

I still have not tried the range finding function because in Florida hogs are only seen at close range because of the vegetation.

I love my Pulsar XQ 38. If anyone does night work, night hunting thermo imaging is the way to go. I killed 4 times more hogs armed with thermo imaging as I did past winters without it. With thermo I'm able to see into the jungle foliage (within reason ) and detect the hogs coming. It is a thrill because I know I'm going to get a shot and soon.

Msnix123

LSB Member
I usually upload the videos to youtube, then play the videos and record them onto my phone with my camera. It's not ideal because you lose quality, but it's the only way I've found to do it. Once you've done this you can text the videos to friends... You can also Edit the videos on youtube.