Pulsar Trail XP50 clarity

See2hunt

I have a Pulsar Trail XQ50 and have been considering purchasing the XP50 for the larger FOV. I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube of the XP50 and the majority of them seemed washed out compared to other scopes. I don't have that issue with the XQ50 and online video of XQ50 look similar to my scope, so I don't think it's YouTube. As popular as the XP50 is I find it hard to believe it looks washed out in person and thought I'd get some feedback from the forum before I consider buying something else.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’m running a ReapIR, MK III 60mm, Patrol 100, Helion XP28, Trail XP50, Breach and armasight 42mm,Zeus.

There is no disappointment with the XP50 in fact it leaves me amazed all the time. Image wise it’s the best bang for the buck in my collection right now.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks Terry. Would you would recommend the XP50 over a used MKII with 19mm lense or 35mm lense?
I’m not terry, but I would.

My XP50 seems to resolve detail a little better than my IRD Mark2/35mm.

In my opinion it’s due to the manual focus.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Terry. Would you would recommend the XP50 over a used MKII with 19mm lense or 35mm lense?

Yes for sure I would go with the XP50 given those two choices/price range. The Trijicons are awesome really have the high end feel/construction to them. Features wise they are more basic while others have added WfI, internal recorders and much more.

The Pulsars really shine in black hot the image is truely jaw dropping. Funny thing is in White Hot I like the Trijicons image better.

The new Nvision TWS13E will be another one to watch for when it hits the market soon. Uses the 12 micron BAE core also should be priced at or below the MKII/III 35mm

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The new Nvision TWS13E will be another one to watch for when it hits the market soon. Uses the 12 micron BAE core also should be priced at or below the MKII/III 35mm
I have not found much pricing online. I’m not really interested in one so I’m not worried about it one way or another to call one of the many places that says call for pricing.

Anyone other than night vision guys have online pricing listed? Night vision guys looks terribly expensive?

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

See2hunt

I’m not terry, but I would.

My XP50 seems to resolve detail a little better than my IRD Mark2/35mm.

In my opinion it’s due to the manual focus.

That is very good to know. One thing I've noticed on my XQ50 is that when hogs are running away they get out ff focus fast. It's not bad, but they just aren't as sharp as when they are in 100% focus. The one thing I liked about the two IR MK II I've hunted with was that everything was in focus, but I could see how there could be a trade-off there too. I wonder if a wider range of distances are in focus with the XP50 vs the XQ50?

Last edited:

See2hunt

Yes for sure I would go with the XP50 given those two choices/price range. The Trijicons are awesome really have the high end feel/construction to them. Features wise they are more basic while others have added WfI, internal recorders and much more.

The Pulsars really shine in black hot the image is truely jaw dropping. Funny thing is in White Hot I like the Trijicons image better.

Thanks Terry. That makes me feel more confident i won't wish I'd bought a MK II. I could have bought a used one a great price when I bout the XQ50, but I bought the XQ because I wanted all the features, especially the battery and video. The image quality is great on the XQ50. I just liked the larger FOV of the MKII for scanning.