Pulsar N750

Swine Slayers

LSB Member
I recently got a pulsar N750 digital scope and I used it last night for the first time. I loved it. I bought a Mini DVR III so I can record what ever I see with thru the scope...

I had a Yukon Gen 1 and always had issue with it. I had to resight it in everytime after I hunted. Friend had the exact same issue with it...

Anyone else ever use the Pulsar?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum! There are several guys running pulsars here I'm sure they will chime in soon. Looking foreword to seeing your video. Sometime this year we are going to have a video contest.

Swine Slayers

LSB Member
Im trying to figure out the best way to mount or better secure the mini dvr III. I don't like having it in my lap. Im trying to come up with a way to mount it on the side weaver rail where you can an additional IR lite..

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use a buttstock pouch pouch for my Angel Eye. It allows for a bit of movement which helps protect it somewhat from recoil.

100_1718reduced.jpg

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have the N750 also, upgraded from the N550, I use Velcro to attach the Pulsar large battery pack to my stock and tuck the DVR under the strap.

What DVR are you using, does it record audio? I originally purchased the Yukon MPR, then found the exact same Chinese unit for under $100 that recorded audio also, however now its hard to find them that record audio also, so wondering what yours is and if it records audio?

Swine Slayers

LSB Member
I use the Mini DVR III... Yes it records audio and you can also hook in a mic if you want... So far so good... What is it that you use? For the $100 price I might get an extra for a back up...

th.jpg

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I use an Angel Eye, however you would be hard to find an Angel Eye that records audio now. You can get them for less than $70, however they only do video, I opened mine up and looked at the model, hard to find online now. That's why I was asking you on yours and how much is it, you have a link?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You could always turn on your phone mic and combine the recordings with editing software.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I keep meaning to do that, but have not managed to do so. Heck, more than a couple of times this year, I didn't even manage to get the recorder turned on, LOL.

However, I have played with Windows Movie Maker and syncing up the two would not be difficult.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One of these days I need to gear up for some hi-tech goodies for my 6.8

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've been using a N750 for almost a year now.
It spent most of it's life mounted on Kermit the Pigslayer with an *** 16" 6.8 TC barrel.
It has put many pigs down for a dirtnap.
kermitr.jpg

In all that time, I have had two problems, both at the same time.
One night I was filming with my angel eye and missed the pig, completely.
If you watch the video below, right as the shot goes off, the IR goes dim but is still on enough for me to watch the pig run off....

I took it to my range the next day to check zero.
The sight had done a complete reset and the zero shifted back to the original factory settings.
After resetting, it has continued to hold zero but the IR illuminator is weak.
It still works but only about 1/8 of the original power so I purchased a supplemental IR Illuminator and so far, it keeps on killing stuff and has held zero.

For your viewing pleasure, I present How to Miss a Pig...LOL!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did you send it back for repair?? Or ask the Co about it?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took it to my range the next day to check zero.
The sight had done a complete reset and the zero shifted back to the original factory settings.
After resetting, it has continued to hold zero but the IR illuminator is weak.
It still works but only about 1/8 of the original power so I purchased a supplemental IR Illuminator and so far, it keeps on killing stuff and has held zero.

For your viewing pleasure, I present How to Miss a Pig...LOL!

Is it just me, or did your muzzle move to the left and a hair UP as you squeezed the trigger? Or? Was that the reticle moving back to the factory default settings at recoil?

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, sometimes I just suck at shooting!
I can't blame the N750 for that one..LOL!

I haven't sent it back yet but need to.
I guess the pig missing video is evidence too!

DennisB

SUS VENATOR CLUB
I moved up from N550 to N750 about year ago too and have been happier than a pig in, well... Battery life seems better, the image sure is, and the built-in IR is far ahead of the 550's. I've played with a few thermal (hand-held) units and can see springing the $$ for a thermal scope some day (far away) but the N750 stays-