Pulsar N550 Dead 4 Years Later

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went out to sight in some loads that I developed. Haven't turned on the Pulsar since February 6th (haven't had hog's to dispatch). Got everything set up. Turned on the Pulsar. NOTHING. Maybe the batteries were dead. So I swapped them out. NOTHING. Had a third set of batteries. Swapped them out. NOTHING. Came home put my main batteries in the recharging unit. It was green after like 5 minutes. So I knew the batteries are not dead. Put them back into the Pulsar. NOTHING.

We've had a good run but I think it's officially DRT. :( Had a good run. So many dead hogs, yotes, & varmints.

May have to get a low end digital to get through the year. There's no way I'm not NIGHT KILLING PIGS. Any of you sponsors sell the Photon. Not really interested in ATN (political reasons). In the long run I really wanna get a forward attachment scope but will have to wait on that one.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is there nowhere to get them repaired reasonably or at least see what is wrong?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First thing I would do, if you can get it working for $1,2,300 may be worth it.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First thing I would do, if you can get it working for $1,2,300 may be worth it.

Local dealer saw my post. Reached out to me. Grabbed my cereal number on the scope and is going to contact me tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Motivated me to start dusting off something's I've been wanting to sell. QUESTION: Where do y'all go to look up value of rifles?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go, good luck!
just ask my googlefu is strong

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Plus I got to call Brian and sounds like were gonna hit up a sweet burger joint soon!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ed you are on a roll now, burger sounds great!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you're having it checked out. Hopefully it's just a 50-$100 fix.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On a whim this morning I dropped some batteries into my Pulsar. Guess what? It booted right up.

I started thinking and looked on the manual about operating temperatures 14-104 degrees.
I loaded up the night prior so I could just jump in the car and go. Even when I went out to shoot it was only in the upper 20's. So I am assuming keeping it in the car overnight night froze up the system.

So it is back from the dead. :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good for you!! happy happy happy

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Maybe the cold batteries not able to keep voltage up.

Last edited: