Pulsar Helion and Trail Update V3 - AUDIO!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just emailed my wife a video from the free VLC mobile app (sent to VLC from streamvision) and it worked and had sound..
Free is always better!!

I’m probably more technically challenged than most. I couldn’t figure out how to do that. Does your wife also have to have the VLC player loaded on her device?

Thanks.

whitehotmist

LSB Member
Nope.. Here are the steps I used..

- download/install VLC app to iphone
- open streamvision (if you don't have videos already here, download one from the scope)
- go to 'file' on streamvision, and swipe to the left on a video to bring up the Share options
- there should now be an option (like 'Messenger') to 'Copy to VLC', tap that
- Go open it in VLC to watch it..

To send it..
- click 'edit' in the upper right of VLC
- select the video you want to send
- click the upload icon from the lower left
- choose how you want to send it...

Note: I tried to FB Messenger it to a friend and it didn't seem to work.. I only tried once so maybe something happened, dunno.. But the e-mail did work for me. Uploading it to FB also worked. That's all I've tried.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That method did not seem to work for me. I can click edit, and choose the send method, but it does not seem to do anything from that point?

Would you mind checking to see if VLC will allow you to save an AVI video file that was originally created directly on the hard drive of your scope to your camera roll in such a manner that you can watch it from your camera roll directly?

I’m still getting the white screen video file of death that will not play or send or do anything?

If it’s not too much trouble.

Thanks.

Last edited:

whitehotmist

LSB Member
Yeah, I got the white screen file of death too when I tried to save to camera roll.. but when I clicked 'e-mail' an e-mail came up as it should, and when I did FB a FB post came up. Is your iphone updated? I have a 7... may have to delete VLC and reinstall, and/or streamvision. I assume you do have e-mail setup on your phone and can send messages (I use hotmail).

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thank you. Yes, I can email the file. Either from streamvision itself or VLC. Neither program actually sends a file that can be viewed on my phone. Additionally, YouTube can’t process on of these white files either. It’s weird. There is data there but my phone can’t handle it.

I think for my phone iPhone 7 Plus update version I’ll have to convert the files to mp4 for ease of use first. My iPhone has always been able to save and play mp4 files regardless of where they originated.

Thanks for confirming this.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For iphone, if you download the free VLC app you get a new option in streamvision to save to VLC. You can hear the videos on your iphone with VLC.
I'm still not getting sound when transferring to VLC from iPhone through streamvision app.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Earlier today at work I opened stream vision a couple times. The notice popped up saying there was an update available. When I got him I opened the app to update it with my home wifi but it won't offer any update. When I go to the setting in the stream vision app and click "about" it says it's currently using version 3.1.1 from an update January 22, 2018

whitehotmist

LSB Member
Did you turn the 'mic' on on the scope? It's on the second page of the menu I think.

When there is a new update, it almost seems better to delete the old one, and then install the new one vs updating it.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't see any microphone or sound setting on the scope menu?

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok cool thanks! I uploaded the new version from stream vision and turned the mic on in the scope. I can view the videos on stream vision from my iPhone with no sound. I can send them to VLC media player and view them from there with sound. If I email the video to myself through stream vision I can view it from the computer but I can't view it in email from my phone still. I still can't save to camera roll or send them as a text message either from VLC or stream vision as they appear as the "white screen of death" lol

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That’s where I am.

As far as I can tell I will have to convert to MP4 before I can save a file to camera roll with sound normal speed etc.

And from there I will be happy to share them with my friends, upload to YouTube, etc.

I’ll bet there will be another update before too long to address this unless I’m still not understanding what I am doing wrong?