Pulsar Helion and Trail Update V3 - AUDIO!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like the new updates are out there is now audio, graphics brightness is now adjustable, wifi is supposed to be better and for the Trail, increased recording time for recoil activation before the shot (10 seconds) and you can now have solid (single) reticle colors (previously bi-color)

I don't have a Trail right now, but somebody please do the update and let me know how you like it.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FYI there is a new pulsar update today with sound.

PULSAR THERMALS

New firmware update features

Black/Black Reticule
White/White Reticule
Sound Recording
Menu Brightness Icon Adjustment

Some Tips

If it fails during update, start again. The firmaware will more likely have been transferred if the progress bar completed.

If your videos are not transferring to stream vision app, try deleting app and reinstall or shutdown app and refresh.

***IOS devices the sound is NOT working when video is downloaded to stream vision app**

Android devices the sound is working when downloaded to stream vision app.

Sound is transferred if you use a wired connection to PC to download video files...

Wray

LSB Member
I just performed the firmware update. The sound does work after turning the mic on in setup (doh) The video files are different and will not play with media player as of right now. There may or may not be new codecs available to fix this. I just downloaded VLC media player and it works fine. I don't know what if any file conversions may be necessary to upload to you tube, but if you are sharing the videos via email, you may have to convert them so the recipients can view them. I was interested in the part about boosting power to the wifi, as the phone/scope connection for me has been spotty and i haven't been able to download videos to the phone lately as it keeps dropping the connection so hopefully this corrected the issue.

Wray

LSB Member
There seems to be a lot of audio gain on the video, it kind of muffles my voice a bit, in this one i just played an audio track on the iphone about 4 feet away.
I noticed a glitch already, when you connect the usb cable to the scope following recording without powering the scope down first, the screen goes to gibberish and it locks up, you have to pop the battery at that point. Once you repower, you seem to be good to go. I've also had two short videos that transferred as corrupt files. Not a big deal here but will be if there were a 50 pig sounder on the video. I'll use it this weekend and if anything else pops up I'll update. Regards, Tim

whitehotmist

LSB Member
I just performed the firmware update. The sound does work after turning the mic on in setup (doh) The video files are different and will not play with media player as of right now. There may or may not be new codecs available to fix this. I just downloaded VLC media player and it works fine. I don't know what if any file conversions may be necessary to upload to you tube, but if you are sharing the videos via email, you may have to convert them so the recipients can view them. I was interested in the part about boosting power to the wifi, as the phone/scope connection for me has been spotty and i haven't been able to download videos to the phone lately as it keeps dropping the connection so hopefully this corrected the issue.
I had same problem with WMP, updated codecs and all worked.. though sound quality is marginal..

reddog90

Sound works on Trail XQ38 if video is transferred via cord and not stream vision. I have to transfer .avi files to my macbook and convert them in AVC to .mp4. Stream Vision really is not working very well with my iphone.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So audio doesn’t play on streamvision app IPhone are they going to change that with future firmware upgrade.

neorubio

LSB Active Member
So audio doesn’t play on streamvision app IPhone are they going to change that with future firmware upgrade.
I think another update was released today for that but I'm not sure since I use Android. I updated this morning and it was not a good experience. I had to download the app several times and still it does not connect with my Trail. I have to go to the setting menu on my phone and connect manually to the wifi of the scope. Then enter the app and sometimes it says it is not connected, sometimes it is but it does not allow you to see what the scopes is seeing, and sometimes it goes well (1 every 5 times). A pain in the .....after one hour struggling with this I was so angry that I didn't even check if the sound was working.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just received a pulsar XP 50, and updated the firmware this morning.

I am a total newbie with this brand of scope and don’t know much about it and I’m having some trouble downloading files to my iPhone using the stream app.

There seems to be two issues that I have personally noticed

1. A recording made from my iphone using the app when played back seems like it is playing back in slow motion. Is there a setting that can correct this set the video appears to be more natural or in real time?

Additionally, I can save these files to my camera roll and they will play through the regular iPhone video player. They still play back as if they are in slow motion.

2. A video that I record internally to the scope by pressing the record button on the scope seems to be recorded at normal frame rate, play back through the app appears normal also.

When I download this video from the scope internal memory to my iPhone via Wi-Fi through the app, the video will normally using the app. It appears to playback at normal frame speed.

I cannot seem to save these video files to my iPhone camera roll when the video was transferred from the scope to the app via Wi-Fi. All I get is a blank screen after the video has been downloaded to the camera roll.

Does anyone know how to download a video from the scope to an iPhone in such a manner that you can immediately text message it to your buddies?

Thanks.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Does transferring videos from the scope to your iPhone via Wi-Fi work flawlessly for everyone else?

DRowan

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does anyone know how to download a video from the scope to an iPhone in such a manner that you can immediately text message it to your buddies?

I have not had any luck moving them to my camera roll, but in the stream vision app, you can swipe the image file left and share thru messages. seems to work for me, but it would be nice to have them in the iphone photos.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have not had any luck moving them to my camera roll, but in the stream vision app, you can swipe the image file left and share thru messages. seems to work for me, but it would be nice to have them in the iphone photos.
Thank you.

What about the latency when using the app as the video capture method versus the internal memory in the scope? It seems like it plays back only in slower motion. Are your videos play back at a slower rate?

Is this all that system is capable of producing or do I need to adjust a setting parameter that I have not figured out yet?

Thanks.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have an iPhone 7. Don't have the latest IOS update for iPhone. I have the latest stream vision update (version 3.1.1). Video records through the scope fine at normal speed and quality. I can download the video to stream vision no problem with normal speed and quality but it doesn't have sound. I can email them from stream vision to myself or anyone else (as an .avi file), but not with sound. I can't message them to myself (as an .avi file) at all. I also can send them to iCloud Drive with stream vision but the file won't open/play in iCloud Drive at all.

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have an iPhone 7. Don't have the latest IOS update for iPhone. I have the latest stream vision update (version 3.1.1). Video records through the scope fine at normal speed and quality. I can download the video to stream vision no problem with normal speed and quality but it doesn't have sound. I can email them from stream vision to myself or anyone else (as an .avi file), but not with sound. I can't message them to myself (as an .avi file) at all. I also can send them to iCloud Drive with stream vision but the file won't open/play in iCloud Drive at all.

Thank you

I have an iPhone 7 Plus that does not have the current software update.

I could have missed the answer to this question but what happens to the video stream that is broadcast to your phone via Wi-Fi? Does it appeared to play in real time or is there severe latency? I’m asking about the video stream you may be watching live and or the video that is created if you press the red button on the phone app.

Have not tried using email as the means of sending the file to someone. So I did it just now.

When I emailed a video to myself it did transmit a 5.3 MB .avi file, but I was not able to play the file at all using the iPhone. Best I can tell the only way I can play one of these video files on my phone is through the Stream Vision app only.

Wonder what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I decided to delete the app off my phone and reinstalled today. I would be hard-pressed to say that doing so did not make an improvement in what I was perceiving as latency when viewing through the app.

Here’s a short clip I just made of some cars going down the highway. Speed limit is 65 miles an hour so I assume these cars are going at least that fast.

This video was recorded using the app viewer. There is still a little bit of a delay or slow down but it’s not as bad as what I was noticing before I reloaded the app.

One thing I noticed that I haven’t paid attention to before is that a video file created by the app viewer is created as an MP4 which can be saved to my camera roll and played like any other video.

A video file created by my scope and downloaded to the app is created as an AVI.

There must be a file incompatibility with my iPhone and AVI files? Just a guess? I can save something to the camera roll, but I can’t view it. It just looks like a white blank picture.

For whatever reason the app viewer created videos look much better to me now and if they’re short enough I can text message them directly from my phone.

This is much better and I guess the problem is now solved.

whitehotmist

LSB Member
For iphone, if you download the free VLC app you get a new option in streamvision to save to VLC. You can hear the videos on your iphone with VLC.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
For iphone, if you download the free VLC app you get a new option in streamvision to save to VLC. You can hear the videos on your iphone with VLC.
Thanks for that tip.

Too bad there’s not a handbrake out so you can convert a video in the field so that you can text it to your buddies?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Actually there may be some other apps that perform similar functions.

Looking at one right now called “ iconv “

EDIT UPDATE:

That app works.

Step 1. Record video using scope internal memory,

Step 2. Wi-Fi to phone via stream app,

Step 3. convert file using “iconv” and save to camera roll,

Step 4. from there you can email to your buddies and they can look at it just like any other video you may send to them from your phone.

Six bucks for the app.

I’m not sure if the free trial version has a file size limitation or a number of conversions per our limitation. I went ahead and paid for it to see if it would also include sound correctly from the converted AVI files that were recorded via the scopes internal memory. It does!!

I am not endorsing this app at all or trying to promote its sale. I’m just happy to have put together a means of transmitting a video that does not look buffered or slowed down.

There might be other apps that can do the same thing this was the first one I tried.

Last edited: