Pulsar HD38A battery drain

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I leave the battery cassette in my Pulsar while it is off, the batteries are dead the next time I pick it up. Does anyone else have a Pulsar HD with parasitic drain?

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My pulsar monocular will do that, but I think it's safer to remove the batteries when not in use, and the Pulsar battery holder makes that super simple.

I assume you mean days later and not hours.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It'll eat a set of batteries in 18 hours. Scenario- hunt on a Friday night with a new set of batteries. Use the scope for a total of an hour or so- turning it on 10 times for 6 min each. End hunt at 2AM. At 10PM Saturday night, it's dead as a door nail.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes same here. I leave mine turned on unless i won't be using it for an hour or more, pull the battery case when i get home and stick it back in next hunt. Leaving it turned on instead of powering up multiple times per night made a huge improvement to battery life for me.
Remember i'm talking about an HD19A, i use the UNV rechargable battery pack for my HD38A and I leave it turned on all night as well.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, I sent them an e-mail and they responded with:
"At this time were unaware of any units draining batteries when shut off, that said we have had reports that turned into situations where the customer was just pressing the on off rather than holding the power button to turn the unit off. If you are sure you are pressing and holding the button to turn off the unit then it may have a problem. If you just press the on off button all it will do is turn off the display to save on battery life when you are in the field, the unit will still be on and using power.

If you feel you are using the unit properly then please fill out the RA Request form at the link I have supplied below so we can get the warranty process started."

I spent a good bit of time this weekend trying to figure out the pressing vs holding the power button down and couldn't find the "display off" setting. Which would be a very nice option to have in a mono and scopes as far as I'm concerned.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My XD38a - you push the power button and it goes black with "display off" bouncing around on screen, but it turns itself completely off after a preset time so i just leave it on. My HD19 turns off with a tap of the power button.