Pulsar firmware v4

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anyone else tried the January firmware update? I think it really has sharpened the image, better focus and contrast on my XP50 Trail.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went out with the guys this weekend. 4.0* was installed on an XP38 Helion used as a scanner and Streamvisioned to a tablet for viewing. This Helion is roof mounted. Apparently, the new enhancement mode had a good bit of trouble trying to keep up with an ever-changing image as we went down the highway and the image became quite jumpy as the unit could not process the enhancement in real time. At one point, it just flat out locked up and flickered between two different images that were apparently seconds apart.

We turned off the enhanced mode and the image definitely degraded to what it was normally, but the unit ran fine.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tried enhanced mode on the 2nd night. The same issues remained, plus a new one started. The Helion started ghosting images, meaning it was NUCing on automatic, only the shutter did not close every time, causing the creation of a ghost image. This unit had not had an issue with this prior to the update.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, have you tried making a video yet? Any problems downloading it to your phone with StreamVision ?

Last edited:

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We downloaded to a tablet alight.

However, using Stream Vision to download videos is about like using a bucket to fill a swimming pool with water. Use the cable. It is SO MUCH FASTER.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We downloaded to a tablet alight.

However, using Stream Vision to download videos is about like using a bucket to fill a swimming pool with water. Use the cable. It is SO MUCH FASTER.

Ha ha, agreed!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am going to paraphrase my buddy, Darrell, whose Helion and Trails were updated. I agree with this sentiment completely. "The worst thing about Pulsar scopes isn't even Pulsar. It is Stream Vision." Everybody has problems with it sooner or later, sometimes for no apparent reason.

Wray

LSB Member
I just updated and am happy with the image processing they added, the base image is noticeably sharper. I also like the rocks/forest/identify modes added to the front button. -xp50 Trail