public hunting in texas

Carl M Brewster

has any one done any hog huntin on public hunting lad in texas? I have been looking at places all the ones I have found you have to mail in a postcard and hope they draw your name. any one have other public lands where you can go without mailing in and crossing your fingers to get picked?
Sam Houston Nation Park is great for Hog Hunting. As I have seen others say it is a lot of scouting. But as long as you keep it up you will find them and fill the freezer.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The fourth type of land available is National Forest Land outside of the WMA's that are included in some of them. Angelina NF outside of the boundaries of Bannister WMA is open to the public for hunting whatever is in season with only a standard hunting license and does not require the APH unless you want to hunt within the boundaries of Bannister WMA. You also have the Sabine, and Crockett national forests available. Unfortunately, they are all in the eastern edge of the state. I can vouch for the abundance of hogs in the Angelina NF, but haven't scouted the others yet. Since I live almost within the Angelina, I have more property to walk on than I can handle. It is difficult for me to find them when I want them, but they ARE there. I am just limited to about a mile to mile and half of walking at a time because of a worn out hip, but I have had them find me on several occasions while hunting other game.