PTS233 vs "old" Thor

Bocephus

LSB Member
Curious for those of you that have been in the game for awhile, what has a better picture, the new PTS233, or the older FLIR core'd Thors.

Reason I ask is I have a buddy who hunts with an older thor, and to me, its an amazing entry level machine. I have a MK2, and don't mind using his. But he paid close to what one of the new PTS233's cost (prior to them being released).

I see a lot of the video's out there on the PTS233, and to me, it looks awful. Now, I know from having a Zeus that the video output was damn near 50% of what the actual shooter would see looking through the scope itself, so that's what has me curious.

Thanks.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the old Thors had a FLIR core and were good, lots better than today but were $8K for those that took the plunge hardly entry level for the one I saw

Bocephus

LSB Member
I'm referring to them as being entry level in today's environment, because you can pick them up cheap, and they are a 320 core.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have not seen the old ones for sale only the new ones they discounted that are crap

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no but Pru on here has an old THOR not sure if he has seen a new Armasight

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My older ThOR is still going strong after almost 5 years. I can compair my unit to several but have never looked thru the one you mentioned.
My unit is well taken care of. My usage has been sit and wait,then stalk,sometimes up to 700yds. It also bounces along with me for miles and miles in my Bad Boy Buggy.
My unit cost $7000. new from Optics Planet. --- pruhdlrDSC00977.JPG