Problems with Zeus 640 2-16x42 (30 Hz)

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
Mine was doing this... The bottom of the screen has this area that is showing a heat source ( the dark arc across the bottom). I reset it to factory settings and it helped for a little while then it was back. Gonna talk to Armasight, see if it's a setting or something I can fix.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
See it better in rainbow... Makes it difficult to adjust brightness, can't get an even display. Makes it really difficult to find targets...for $6 to $8k these things should be perfect.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
View attachment 2516
See it better in rainbow... Makes it difficult to adjust brightness, can't get an even display. Makes it really difficult to find targets...for $6 to $8k these things should be perfect.
I agree that they should be perfect.
Are you shooting suppressed? Had you already been shooting a lot when it did this? I was thinking it could be heat from your suppressor, gas tube, or barrel.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's not even on a gun...I had it at work with me last night and took those pics.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's not even on a gun...I had it at work with me last night and took those pics.
Yeah now that I'm on my computer I can see the pictures better. Theres some spider web looking kind of thing going over it..bad lens or core would be my guess..Not good though.
My scope is still showing the wrong digital zoom level on the screen which was the first reason I had to send it back to begin with..kinda losing hope in it.
Have you talked to Armasight yet? And which model is yours?

YellowHammer

North Alabama
Got my replacement Zeus today and all I can say is "wow". I can clearly see mailboxes at least 200 yards away. I can't wait to get it out in the field where I can spy on some wildlife. If it will cool off a bit I can get out to the range and get it zero'd.

Also, the focus knob on the new scope rotates much farther than the first one. I'm getting approximately 3 times more rotation on the front focus than I was the first time around.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to hear when it cools off in a couple of months it's going to be awesome all over again!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats YH!