Pro line is here!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats Dax, none of those old out dated Zeus for you all new Proline, I bet you will really like it!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
We will see.... Guys at ******************* set me up with an IR Hunter MKII... The took me out last night and we demo'd it.... I was pretty impressed, I like the controls and image was excellent. I've gotta get this armasight figured out and see how well it runs...

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
By the looks of that you could go into the hog killin bidness!! BANG BANG!!

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Did u have to manually nuc the ir-hunter? And was the nuc 2 layers down in the menu? I've been trying to figure that out from other people's descriptions ...

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Nice to see dax. The standard Zeus, Apollo etc are one line, the pro is another line, both use the same core per specific resolutions, etc . Both still sold and will be be available. One is not to replace the other one.

Those interested in an Armasight thermal weapon sight and what is available can go here

https://www.armasight.com/thermal-imaging/thermal-weapon-sights

There are other sections for monocular, clip-ons etc

Last edited:

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the IR HUNTER you scroll down to position 3 then rotate top turret... It's a lil awkward at first but in one night I had it down....had a reboot after a shot last week... We found that the DVR cable was set up wrong and caused the reboot... No problems with scope at all. I'll compare them tonight... Rainy and humid...see how they perform. I can say this, I would buy an IR HUNTER. There will be video in a few days. At 4am the humidity kicked up and I lost some detail in the background.. But armadillos at 250 yds were easily seen. I'll post more after I get some time with pro line stuff..

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
So, I'm probably not in the market for an IR-Hunter, since I already have an Apollo, but I am in the market for a q-14 or ir-patrol and I understand both are manual nuc. Per my understanding, the q-14, is a button push coupled with covering the objective, so 2 handed process. So curious what the ir-patrol is, but it might be different from the ir-hunter, though I doubt it.

Thanks for all the data!!

So of the 62 pounds you got an apollo pro 50mm 640 (60hz) and a q-14 640 (30hz) is that right? That sounds like a great combo!!! But I don't see how it is 62 pounds !

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I believe the IR Patrol uses the same BAE core as the Mark II, so the NUC would be the same.

The 62 pounds is the nice case they come in. :)

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
My "dream" is to be able to use the q-14 or ir-patrol while in motion and hence as hands free as possible ... helmet mounted.

So, if it takes two hands to nuc ... my dream will be disturbed!!!

And if it takes two hands and thinking about scrolling through menus and pushing buttons and second hand covering objective ... then the buggy I'm driving (with the glass off) will be starved of attention!

==

cores the same ... but housings different and software interface layers (outside core) different, so opportunity for difference in the way they work from user perspective. But it is in their interest to make them as similar as possible to avoid forks in the code (I do software in my day job :) ).
==

Right now my Apollo (standard) is auto-nuc ... and I have started thinking about when it nucs and why ... so I can prepare myself to manually nuc. I do a lot of "360s" ... meaning I am in one spot and I want to scan 360 degrees to see if any new critter has showed up. I am amazed at the number of times critters show up in the area I just passed through. They were waiting for me to go by and then emerged to cross the pasture! And it is rare for me to do a full slow 360 without the device doing an auto nuc ... because in some areas there is dark tree lines and in other areas bright light reflecting off a pond ... so at least one nuc per scan is not unusual in my experience.

==
I betting there is a Zeus in that third box :)

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1 -50 mm Apollo pro
3- q14's
2- 100mm Apollo pros
3-extended battery packs
2-rail mounts
2-laser range finders for Apollo
1-3X magnifier for Apollo

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dax you boys are in the game now...Congrats!