Pro line is here!

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The market is starting to fill up with great choices in thermal scopes and pricing keeps dropping as well. I recently bought a new 2015 model Thor 640 2.5X and paid way less than I paid for the same 2013 model Thor scope!

The performance also seems to keep improving as well with newer model sensors and software. A prime example my new 2015 Thor it's a noticeable improvement over my older 2013 model in software and performance.

I really like the features Armasight added on the new Zeus Pro's I plan on replacing a older model thermal scope this summer and was considering the MK II but now have Pro's to think about. I'm looking forward to user reviews starting to show up on these new models.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I'd like to see image quality comparison between IR-Defense BAE cores and latest Armasight FLIR 640 cores. There are hints that the BAE cores look better. Perhaps this is due to the "direct" I/O mapping between the input resolution and the output resolution. But theory is theory and seeing what they look like in similar settings, side by side would be great.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The market is starting to fill up with great choices in thermal scopes and pricing keeps dropping as well. I recently bought a new 2015 model Thor 640 2.5X and paid way less than I paid for the same 2013 model Thor scope!

The performance also seems to keep improving as well with newer model sensors and software. A prime example my new 2015 Thor it's a noticeable improvement over my older 2013 model in software and performance.

I really like the features Armasight added on the new Zeus Pro's I plan on replacing a older model thermal scope this summer and was considering the MK II but now have Pro's to think about. I'm looking forward to user reviews starting to show up on these new models.

Yeah, I was able to by a 640 Armasight Zeus in October 2014 for just $300 more than I paid for a 320 Thor the year before and what would have been the price for a 320 Zeus the year before. Prices are coming down significantly.

I'd like to see image quality comparison between IR-Defense BAE cores and latest Armasight FLIR 640 cores. There are hints that the BAE cores look better. Perhaps this is due to the "direct" I/O mapping between the input resolution and the output resolution. But theory is theory and seeing what they look like in similar settings, side by side would be great.

Well, and you have to keep in mind other aspects as well. You get some real differences in the ergonomics of the platforms. Each has benefits and detractions regardless of brand and model.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Regarding FLIR core vs. BAE core I'm not sure if there would be a difference if the lens and software, etc. for each was best suited to each, but I think FLIR makes some choices that give the MKII and edge vs. FLIR products. For example FLIR screens are not up to the MKII standard (according to specs and what I read from guys who have compared both side by side.)

On the other hand, it appears Armasight is avoiding FLIR's apparent mistakes with the Zues/Appolo.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any Proline Hunting yet? First thoughts?

There is a video in the hunting video section. With 9 days of rain the ground and all the vegetation was the same temperature but the animals had good definition. Was terrible conditions looks like it will be way better conditions this weekend.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, the last five days I was out I had the same horrible thermal conditions,

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, the last five days I was out I had the same horrible thermal conditions,
I looked through them last night lots of detail so hoping this weather will hold!

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, it's amazing how the weather can affect thermal. Nothing worse then when you have no sun all day,wet conditions on top of that,m then all the image back ground just looks muted and dull. I had recently bought a new Thor 640 2.5X and for weeks it's been bad weather every weekend yet the scope still looked pretty good image wise. Then we had a few nice days early week and Wow, the image looked super awesome then! A couple of my mono thermals with 19mm lens looked horrible those bad weather nights, the systems with bigger lens seem to handle tough thermal conditions better to me so I went to the 50mm lens Thor and 30/50mm lens thermal mono which still gave me a good useable image.

I bet that 100mm pro really looks good when the weather clears up.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anymore user feedback on these systems yet, likes and dislikes?Any close up pictures of the systems, I would really like to see some pics of the 30mm and 50mm lens systems other than the Stock photos out there right now.

Thanks in advance!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anymore user feedback on these systems yet, likes and dislikes?Any close up pictures of the systems, I would really like to see some pics of the 30mm and 50mm lens systems other than the Stock photos out there right now.

Thanks in advance!

I about have my comparison video done. Basically I just go over the new differences in the pro line then I go throught the menu options. Finally I show the same target at 50, 100, 150, and 200 yards with all the units.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I about have my comparison video done. Basically I just go over the new differences in the pro line then I go throught the menu options. Finally I show the same target at 50, 100, 150, and 200 yards with all the units.
Great! I look forward to checking it out.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
... the entire pro line.
"is HERE"

So did Armasight send the entire initial production run of Apollo Pro to TLM ??? :)

It seems like it. None of the "regular people" who have been expecting them have received them. Has anyone other than "special people" received a Pro Line device?

==
Similar story for the Q-14, no one other than "special people" have received them, to my knowledge.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not holding my breath... But word from armasight is that my pro line an q-14 will ship by Friday.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Maybe you should have gotten a standard model with the new updated core, 2.7.2.

I had mine updated and everything is manual now. You adjusted brightness before, now you have contrast and sharpness. What I found us that black hot and white hot require different contrast/brightness from each other. Can put in the rifle profiles to save each.

This is just me goofing around in the backyard, will go from here. The black hot was when it was 68 degrees outside, I recorded the white hot later in the day. Once I get out hunting I will tune at different ranges and on hogs, vegetation, etc.

There are other settings that can be changed, but this was just my initial settings I saved for now :

Last edited: