primer tools

Rappland

LSB Member
I'm about to buy one and have no experience with these. Should I go bench mounted or handheld? What to look for when choosing?
Thanks

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the RCBS handheld. I can prime cases at the bench or watching TV after the kids go to bed.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm not an expert.
I bought some reloading gear a few years ago at an estate sale. The price was too good to pass up.
Included with everything else was a Ram Priming Tool from RCBS: Ram Priming Unit - RCBS
I like it just fine, but I haven't used anything else so there could very well be something better. However, I have no urge to change.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just my preference but I like to use hand primers on my rifle rounds. Allows you to feel the condition of the primer pocket and spot loose primers

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
RCBS hand primer here also. Will accept any brass. Minimal effort needed. Easy to load and unload.
I give it ☆☆☆☆☆. --- pruhdlr

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The new Lee auto prime works great and the shell holders are cheap.

Rappland

LSB Member
The new Lee auto prime works great and the shell holders are cheap.

That's the one I ordered. I already have the base plate so I can remove the press and mount primer. I also cut a wood block to fit the base plate and attached my new to me Redding case trimmer. Now everything is rigid. Wish me luck.