Primative Night Vision

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Agreed... but, even that looks like a pile of fun.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Beats putting a $1000 scope on an air gun

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a Beeman 22 cal. Was pretty cheap and very deadly. I have killed a lot of hogs with it by head shot penned up. I have also killed a half dozen wild turkeys with head shots. Not to mention ground squirrels and the stray cat population isn't what it used to be around here for some reason. Super accurate out to 15 yds or so, after that it can get a little sketchy. Just redid the stock with 2 tone paint and clear coat... I left it in the blind and it got rained on and the stock swelled up bad enough to crack and split. Never did shrink down enough for the butt pad to fit quite right. I will include a picture. I use it out of the blind for coons because it is quieter than a 22 and doesn't scare off the hogs and deer.IMG_0001.JPG

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh I have been looking but after spending that kind of money I wouldn't be able to spend another grand or more for night vision for it

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's cool....
I guess I will have to try building one of those......I already build my own "purpose built" pellet guns in pistol and rifle form.

This one is in .117 and built for controlling Starlings at 65 yards.
starlingwacker.jpg

Use this for pest control and to keep my "pistol hand" steady.....in .22
22502m.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Vern1, You are the high tech pellet gun guy. CO2?

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Regulated HPA on the top one for super consistency.

12gram CO2 for the pistol but do build some to run HPA.

I also own/run a Paintball Field in CenTex so I have access to 6000 PSI and bulk CO2 and lots of parts vendors.
I have access to plenty of regulators and can custom tune one for each gun if needed.
The grip frames on both those guns came from paintball guns.
They are 45 frames and much more robust than the stock pewter frames from Crosman.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW Vern, that is a nice setup. I use to play paintball back in the day when all we had were Tippman SMG's and Benjamin pistols with 12gram CO2.

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Recoil of BB guns can be tough on scopes. Cool that the camera is holding up. That does look like a lot of fun!

The only guns that are hard on scopes are springers, which are also harder to shoot accurately as a result - it can be done but takes practice and disipline.
These are PCPs so they don't kick or recoil at all - you can sometimes watch the pellets arc to the bullseye thru the scope or watch the hole appear in the paper!

RRyan1877 said:
WOW Vern, that is a nice setup. I use to play paintball back in the day when all we had were Tippman SMG's and Benjamin pistols with 12gram CO2.

Have a bunch of the old Sheridan markers in pistol and pump rifles in my "museum".
Speaking of SMGs, how about this other toy, a SMG-22 which is a full auto .22 cal belt fed pellet gun that goes thru a 100 round belt in under 10 seconds if you stay on the trigger...loads of fun.

smg221.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need me a decent pellet gun. I've got one, but, it needs some help. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That auto is a riot! I love to have a pellet gun for the small critters around so it doesn't scare off everything like the report of a 22.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Op about using digital cameras for night vision is what the digital NV scopes are just in a fancy housing.

Air guns can still be loud. If they are able to break the sound barrier they will report just like a .22lr!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a 1 pump spring powered Beeman. It is loud compared to of course something like a BB gun, but it is nothing like a 22. It's a different kind of sound also that doesn't seem to be alarming as much as a sharp crack of powder and speed.