Previously Shot Boar

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hunted for several hours at one place and saw nothing and headed home. The trip home takes me by some of my other properties that I can scan from the gate and one had a hog present. Wind was in my favor. I made a decent stalk on the hog, ended up using a barbed wire fence for a shooting rest because it was dark enough that I could not be certain I wasn't going to shoot a wire. You can hear a prolonged thrum from the shot/recoil reverberating through the barbed wire fencing - tight fence. In the ear, so the hog went down right away. However, what I thought was pretty cool was that the hog had been shot previously. It looks like the wound had healed well enough except for the blow out of the exit wound that left a finger sized tunnel extending under the skin along the backstrap about 3/4 of an inch. I have come across a half dozen previously shot hogs over the years that had healed wounds. That animals can do this in the wild without medical help/antibiotics is amazing to me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You got some twang in that BBQ! Tight fence indeed. Solid killin' on both those hogs. It is amazing how critters seem to be able to recover and heal from nasty wounds.

BTW... I did a grocery shopping run last week and saw that gas was down to $2.72/gal near my house. I didn't bother, I've only driven 15 miles since I filled up over a month ago. LOL

cajun bob

LSB Member
Always enjoy your videos Brian and this one had that special twang to it. lol Thought I was the only one who forgets to press record. And love those wide open spaces of north Texas. Here in Louisiana most of our shots are under 75 yards(Morganza swamp land) so I appreciate some of the longer shots you make. I drove up to Amarillo last year and went thru some of your stomping grounds I think(hwy 287) Wichita Falls , Childress and the highlight of the trip Quanah Tx. I had just finished reading about Quanah Parker and was going to Pala Duro canyon to walk his old hideout. Keep after 'em.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always enjoy your videos Brian and this one had that special twang to it. lol Thought I was the only one who forgets to press record. And love those wide open spaces of north Texas. Here in Louisiana most of our shots are under 75 yards(Morganza swamp land) so I appreciate some of the longer shots you make. I drove up to Amarillo last year and went thru some of your stomping grounds I think(hwy 287) Wichita Falls , Childress and the highlight of the trip Quanah Tx. I had just finished reading about Quanah Parker and was going to Pala Duro canyon to walk his old hideout. Keep after 'em.

I don't forget often, but it still happens once in a while. It drives me crazy to press the button to turn off the recorder after the shot...only to hear the recorder boot up and turn on. In the past, I would be very upset about such a mistake. Now, I just give myself a dope slap and move on, LOL.

Yep, you passed through my area. I hope you honked and waved. :D

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Really good shootin', there.
Hogs seem to be particularly tough animals, nice work putting that one down.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What amazes me most... is reflection on shots I didn't take. Thankfully, NOT on video. :confused:

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sometimes it’s amazing to me that I GET a shot! Good video as usual. The 90 TNT strikes again. I think you’ve found a winner there.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! Interesting on that boar that had been previously shot. They tough!!