Predator caller shot!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
you gotta let them get to it. We like'm close!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"I shot the coon too and that's what counts" famous last words before dad takes all her allowance to buy a new call.

Good shooting!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Phoncon with FoxPro a few minutes ago. Want to send my old caller(416)back to them and have some hog sounds installed in it. TecRep stated that any or all calls(mine has 16) can be re-programmed in my caller for $25 plus $15 for return shipping. NOW.....that there is a deal. Told him I would send it in after the holidays.

Right now it has about half crow and half coyote/cat. Will do away with some crow calls and have 4 or 5 hog calls installed. --- pruhdlr

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
you should be able to do it yourself and save the old sounds for nearly nothing. I don't remember how, but I'll try to find out if you like.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would certinly appreciate that sir. Also...of the calls listed on the FP site which 4 or 5 would you reccomend.

Thanks for your time. --- pruhdlr

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
for hogs or in general?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just for hogs sir. Nowadays I will be hunting coyotes,possibly bobcats(although I really hate to kill a cat if not needed),crows,and of course HOGS.

I will be moving into areas that have "edges". The thinner pine barrens with the thicker,old cypress river swamps, that hold the hogs. I will be calling giant patches of saw palmettos and cane(bamboo). I will also be calling dirt roadways of my club where there is a known hog crossing from one swamp to the next. I will be calling to the smaller sounders of 4 to 6 hogs. There are some bigger boar hogs on the property. About a year and a half ago a non-barred boar hog was killed that weighed 409lbs. I have seen a 300+ pounder and seen sign of hogs about that same size.

My application is to kill hogs for my freezer. I do not eradicate,I do not spray and pray. I do not kill piglets,visibly nursing sows or visibly pregnant sows. I want to take one hog at a time. I will be calling for other individuals. I will be "guiding" some wounded warriors that are disabled but ambulatory. I will not be using shotguns. Only the short,light carbines. Usually a lever gun or a semi-auto.

I would much appreciate a recommendation of your best 4 or 5 hog calls from the Fox Pro site. Thanks for your time. ---pruhdlr

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice to hear they're built solid. Always good to see a corn thief gettin' balled up like that.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
sow protection, lil piggy, sow and boar fight/courting {can't remember exactly what they call it}. and bachelor fight. are the ones I use from FOXPRO. These are not perfect sounds, but they work.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are the ones I got Glenn, $8 for the 4 from FP. Have you put your grunting in a call? the free one from FP is not right, guess I need to buy a grunt tube.